• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

HRRR and RAP picked up on this band well. Frontogenesis parameters lit up on SPC mesoanalysis.

Interestingly, they're both pretty dry after it goes for a few hours. If they are right it's not really 'extra' snow just distributed differently than expected.

I'm glad either way. If we're going to get over 10-1 ratios it would have to be early in the game. Stuff tomorrow will be increasingly dense and lower ratio until it's so dense the flakes will be little balls of ice.

I dropped a degree last hour to 18. Nice cold start. I'm going to try and stay up for the meat of the first pulse and then hit the sack.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mid-Atlantic folks,

Now that we beginning to get into the now-casting/obs aspect of this upcoming storm, I wanted to introduce my new tool that compares real radar to simulated HRRR and NAM4km radar. Check it out!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-02-14 at 10.11.52 PM.png

www.jmmweather.com/HRRR.html

www.jmmweather.com/NAM.html

Awesome! Anyway you could zoom in on an area?

I'm glad either way. If we're going to get over 10-1 ratios it would have to be early in the game. Stuff tomorrow will be increasingly dense and lower ratio until it's so dense the flakes will be little balls of ice.

I dropped a degree last hour to 18. Nice cold start. I'm going to try and stay up for the meat of the first pulse and then hit the sack.

Yeah that's true, just thinking out loud mainly. They might not be right anyway, though they did pick up this band pretty well.

Hey Mid-Atlantic folks,

Now that we beginning to get into the now-casting/obs aspect of this upcoming storm, I wanted to introduce my new tool that compares real radar to simulated HRRR and NAM4km radar. Check it out!

ne_diff_nam_radar.png

neat!

Hey Mid-Atlantic folks,

This is magnificent 

Hey Mid-Atlantic folks,

ne_diff_nam_radar.png

sweet man!

Hey Mid-Atlantic folks,

Very cool.  Should be fun to watch. 

Archived