joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Valentine's Day Storm Obs

NCSNOW

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burns, anything reaching the ground in Archdale? 28-30dbz returns should be overhead at the moment.

Cold/dry

Sorry to be slow.  Took my bride out to eat.  Nothing has reached the ground here at all.  It was snowing in North High Point enough to begin to stick on the road around 7:15.

Well, I had to chase. 27 and nada here under good radar returns for hours. The wife an I jumped in the car and headed north towards Archdale on old 311. Started seeing flakes when we crossed over I-85. Big surprise right. Anyway we kept going north and when we reached Business 85 the road was starting to get covered. Oh yeah, 21 degrees too. Just got back to the house. 27 degrees and nothing. 10 miles from glory!

Well, I had to chase. 27 and nada here under good radar returns for hours. The wife an I jumped in the car and headed north towards Archdale on old 311. Started seeing flakes when we crossed over I-85. Big surprise right. Anyway we kept going north and when we reached Business 85 the road was starting to get covered. Oh yeah, 21 degrees too. Just got back to the house. 27 degrees and nothing. 10 miles from glory!

THAT is crazy!

Light snow continues. 21/19, or a few degrees colder than any model showed. Looks like the best returns are sinking south of here, though there's some more precip firing in the foothills, it would appear (not sure that will make it here or not). I figure we probably have around an inch.

Not a flake here...GRRR!!!!

Not sure if it's diminishing. I think as it get closer your seeing the virga as it gets close. Switch between base and composite loops:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=rax&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

The very southern portion is drying up and the back edge is west of Charlotte moving east. I'm on the southern fringe.

I dunno, looking at the radar the timing forecast may have been off but the QPF and track may end up dead on. I see a quick 1-2" here in the triad and then we dry up for quite a while. By the time the LP moves in with enhanced moisture the temps may become problematic. Fun to watch for sure. I just hope we can decipher which model had this one nailed when its over.

Archived