joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That leading edge is smack over the middle of the piedmont. Maybe we can get that atmosphere saturated quickly and get some early flakes. Doesn't look like the overrunning is going to be in SW Virginia as earlier thought.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

That stuff is usually hard to predict, so it's possible we could get surprised (in either direction).  We'll have to watch the radar throughout the day and into the evening.  It wouldn't take much of a shift to get some more areas into the game.

Anyways, we just hit 25 at noon as clouds have rolled in.  Wonder if this stops the daytime heating and we don't make it to 30?  Most modeling only has us getting down in the 24-26 range at the coldest while precip is falling, so if we were to bottom out closer to 20, that could make a difference down the line.

Radar is impressive atm. 25dbz coming into western piedmont. And it's making it to ground in Marion boone. Marion is at what 1700 feet. So we may get a early thump fingers crossed. One things for sure it's bone chilling cold and anything that falls and can make it to the ground want go to watse

Yes in Marion its around 1700

Radar is impressive atm. 25dbz coming into western piedmont. And it's making it to ground in Marion boone. Marion is at what 1700 feet. So we may get a early thump fingers crossed. One things for sure it's bone chilling cold and anything that falls and can make it to the ground want go to watse

You sir, are far more optimistic than me. I see the dry air killing any precip that makes it to us during the day. I see this being a non event east of the foothills.

HMM,

ARW is the coldest model I've seen yet for CAD regions. It showing 30 degrees in Gainesville,GA with the heavy frontal band overhead.

The next hour has my backyard at 30 degree's with very heavy rain falling. Greenville is still at 28/29 and precip is ramping up.

How's it on today's temps? Was it right?

HMM,

ARW is the coldest model I've seen yet for CAD regions. It showing 30 degrees in Gainesville,GA with the heavy frontal band overhead.

The next hour has my backyard at 30 degree's with very heavy rain falling. Greenville is still at 28/29 and precip is ramping up.

Maybe I am grasping at straws here but I wouldn't be surprised one single bit to see the NAM and RGEM come in colder in their next runs. In fact, I fully expect it. 

You sir, are far more optimistic than me. I see the dry air killing any precip that makes it to us during the day. I see this being a non event east of the foothills.

We do have this band on radar that is aligned perfect for the next several hours coming right over us. Just has started snowing above our heads but let's see how long it takes to make it to ground. It's encouraging to see Marion reporting light snow now. He's in Downslope City and hasn't been under ecoes that long.

Archived