• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

I need to change my forecast somewhat for the areas that were always in ground zero. 

I think the northern mountains will over perform and my own backyard forecast of 2-4" will bust and be closer to 6". This is based on way earlier start time and steadier snow than expected in cold air.

Here is the LIVE shot in Boone where conditions are similar east of the mountains in Surry.

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/king-street-boone/

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't classify that as a low pressure storm...that was more like an upper level low. I could be wrong though...so forgive me if so.

As far as right now, all we got to do is look at the radar and satellites...there is nothing near us. Now, the secondary low will develop and pull gobs of moisture our way...not sure we will see much before the temps change.

Still can't help but think about the wetbulbs getting to the Low to mid 20s and that locking in and wedge not going anywhere. Folks better hope temps go above 32 all I can say. If they don't well you know.

Still can't help but think about the wetbulbs getting to the Low to mid 20s and that locking in and wedge not going anywhere. Folks better hope temps go above 32 all I can say. If they don't well you know.

Even socked in with clouds all day tomorrow , it will slowly warm , with no precip! I might bottom out at 29, but the air and DP will moisten all day on E winds, and precip is not expected until evening, and we get a 33-35 degree flooding rain

Even socked in with clouds all day tomorrow , it will slowly warm , with no precip! I might bottom out at 29, but the air and DP will moisten all day on E winds, and precip is not expected until evening, and we get a 33-35 degree flooding rain

Only time will tell. I'm already at 29! I probably get to mid 20s before precip moves in and cools down even more. Its gonna take some time to scour that out of here, you can bet on that!

I've not seen to many times when an ENE wind brings moisture in North East GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not seen to many times when an ENE wind brings moisture in North East GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess we will see tomorrow evening, with 1+ of QPF on the way! If we are at 32 or below, NWS and all forecasts will bust horribly. My ZR advisory is over at 1pm tomorrow , they must know it will warm, the mid Feb sun angle!

Guess we will see tomorrow evening, with 1+ of QPF on the way! If we are at 32 or below, NWS and all forecasts will bust horribly. My ZR advisory is over at 1pm tomorrow , they must know it will warm, the mid Feb sun angle!

No they are hoping for dear life it does warm, just like wyff!! You can tell by listing to them they are worried its not!

Just watched news 4, they showed futurecast radar, and it showed light freezing rain showers around by 7-8 am, then off and on till about 3-5 pm, temp still 31! Heavy band rolls in about 8-9 pm, temps at 34/35! They actually said this could turn in to a very major event, if it doesn't go above freezing! CJ and JC, all over it!

Ouch...latest NDFD (composite of NWS office forecasts) really backed off on totals.

old

SPeOhQD.png

new

oFXHa14.png

That's not bad actually considering the high uncertainty associated with a mixed precip event. Basically the lower end gradient was tightened up somewhat.

Just watched news 4, they showed futurecast radar, and it showed light freezing rain showers around by 7-8 am, then off and on till about 3-5 pm, temp still 31! Heavy band rolls in about 8-9 pm, temps at 34/35! They actually said this could turn in to a very major event, if it doesn't go above freezing! CJ and JC, all over it!

That's what I was saying them and GSP is hoping for dear life it warms.

Archived