SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got to GSP easily - run CCleaner, clear cookies, restart your computer - if you are in Asheville, you are most likely on Charter (as is most of Upstate SC)

thanks I finally went in and found it and saved to my favorites and it now works, don't know what happened to my old saved favorite for GSP,  oh well it's working now

Well, I only bottomed out at 25, was supposed to be teens, but , have complete overcast now, so may keep the highs a little lower than expected??

Currently 26

23 was the lowest I saw it get here. Still a few degrees warmer than forecasted. Not something you want to see 24 hours hours away from a cold rain event.

6z RGEM has a major ice storm for the foothills. Widespread .75-1 of ice accrual before changing to rain. Initial moisture shifted north some and the most snow falls in the northern border counties in NC and VA.

. Does the worst ice not make it to the triad due to warmer temps, or did the model run just not go out far enough yer?

TW

Starting to see some of the the TV mets such as WRAL and RaleighWx talking about up to 2in snow/sleet (and some people say 1- 3in) for Wake/RDU. It's weird though, if I see correctly, the NWS RAH is still saying 1in or less of their briefing. Always interesting to see the TV go against the NWS for the greater amounts instead of lesser.

This all being said, Monday night this won't matter.

most of the moisture goes North of us until,it's too warm. We might get an inch or two with a little ice them a lot of rain.

oh well, maybe the next storm will come out of the gulf is really what we need anyway with the cold high pressure trapped in place,  never did really feel good about this one, I was trying to make something out of nothing I guess,   :cry:

oh well, maybe the next storm will come out of the gulf is really what we need anyway with the cold high pressure trapped in place, never did really feel good about this one, I was trying to make something out of nothing I guess, :cry:

it looked good a few days ago then it fell apart really quick.

Archived