• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
#PD3Attempt#13since2003 -Tracking the threat of the Presidents day storm Feb 15-16 2016

Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we need so many weather models? Are they really of value or just to burn budget dollars?

The real goal is to get to 100 models, then assign a weight to each of them based on accuracy, and calculate an average amongst them for each storm and present the result in one "Mega Model."  I've already started the process on my own.  But its only an experimental Mega Model at this point. I don't just lurk here.

I think everyone has different success benchmarks.,...3-5" with instant stickage is a pretty good event for me at least

This run has 12-18 hours of light precip before the low really does much to us. I'd probably take the under.

I'm rooting for a sub 990 within 50 miles of my house now.

I think the 18z GFS track makes more sense than the euro track, but it's still a goofy track imo...I think the track either goes to our west or further to our east....It's a possible track but not climatologically common...honestly a track to our west might me better as it could throw more moisture our way before the flip

It's been that way for as long as they've been keeping winter climate records in these parts. The fact that there's a changeover does not negate a moderate snow event for us.

I don't even consider Feb 2014 a snowstorm in retrospect. It was fun while it ripped but I'd rank something like Mar 09 ahead of it. If we're looking to pad sure.. I know others in DC think it sucked too, as they said so at the time.

Archived