joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12th/13th possible ENC/CNC Event

84 Hour NAM

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the warm nose looks to bad here its pretty weak and should be snow/sleet mix at worst, and if I had to choose between weaker low and 1-2" all snow or stronger low with weak warm nose and 3-5" with some sleet well......this is when I get the most nervous about storms, things are trending better and we are within 24hrs and I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop and take this away from us...I haven't seen any accumulating winter weather this year other than a quick .10" sleet in Jan that melted within a few hrs so this would make the winter for us if it pans out for 2-4" that's almost 100% climo for us ( 4-6" is climo)

I don't think the warm nose looks to bad here its pretty weak and should be snow/sleet mix at worst, and if I had to choose between weaker low and 1-2" all snow or stronger low with weak warm nose and 3-5" with some sleet well......this is when I get the most nervous about storms, things are trending better and we are within 24hrs and I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop and take this away from us...I haven't seen any accumulating winter weather this year other than a quick .10" sleet in Jan that melted within a few hrs so this would make the winter for us if it pans out for 2-4" that's almost 100% climo for us ( 4-6" is climo)

Sad thing is we've had a couple close calls where we could have racked up. January when I got 3 inches of pure sleet and for both of us, espeacilly you with the hybird cat 1 that just went up the coast a week or so ago. Thats the one that should have been. Close only counts in horseshoes. Hope this atleast works out for you guys to my east.

Sad thing is we've had a couple close calls where we could have racked up. January when I got 3 inches of pure sleet and for both of us, espeacilly you with the hybird cat 1 that just went up the coast a week or so ago. Thats the one that should have been. Close only counts in horseshoes. Hope this atleast works out for you guys to my east.

LOL yeah I got a foot about 1500 ft above my head in that one.....I am just wanting it to snow, low tonight of 22 after a high today in the upper 30's and temps in the low 20's this morning means it all sticks.....the question is how much and hopefully this follows the trend of wetter more expansive precip than modeled....rations look to be 12:1 for most of it so even .30-.40 would be a good hit...

I give more credence to the RGEMs thermal profile at this stage then the NAM. The high res nam has southern Pitt getting 1/4" of ZR which is wrong based on the thickness plots. The 12z RGEM looks like an all snow event for the central coastal plain, no IP accums and very light ZR over Onslow back towards Warsaw.

Brine would still be effective in those temperatures.

Nah heck they brined the roads for the last storm in Jan and temps where 29-30 with sleet at onset and the roads iced up inside of a hr and we only had a .10" of sleet.......it might work on main roads with heavy traffic but side roads and shady spots will get covered almost immediately....

Archived