Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12th/13th possible ENC/CNC Event

84 Hour NAM

GFS likes a general 1-3 down east from New Bern to Washington over to Nags Head

Todays runs have been pretty steady with the low forming etc, at this point I will settle for that, gotta have the low to get snow of any kind to begin with, I will sweat amounts tomorrow night lol.

Saw the French model and it was a pretty aggressive for a lot of NC not just downeast......its done ok lately so who knows but the trend for storms to be a lot wetter than modeled would fit....those qpf totals on the French model would give a lot of us a bit more than 1-3" :)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM coming on board with a nice snow event for Eastern NC and all the way back to RDU. Solid 2-4" if ratios are 12:1 or so and qpf looks like it may be in the .2-.3 range for Eastern NC based on the meteofrance maps. It's similar to the ARPEGE but wetter from RDU and points east.

RGEM coming on board with a nice snow event for Eastern NC and all the way back to RDU. Solid 2-4" if ratios are 12:1 or so and qpf looks like it may be in the .2-.3 range for Eastern NC based on the meteofrance maps. It's similar to the ARPEGE but wetter from RDU and points east.

RGEM only goes out to 48 hours and is a Canadian model. Are you talking about something else?

18z RGEM is stuck at hr 15 on the model center so no weenie maps. I pulled this from the CMC.ca site, valid 1pm Friday. It actually starts around 11am, RN/SN line is around Jacksonville to Fayetteville at that time before lifting north to New Bern - Goldsboro at 1. My guess is it would be over shortly after dark.

301665196ea240d765bb9a344b1c5cf8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love point forecasts that are this specific :D

Friday
Scattered flurries before 1pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 1pm and 4pm, then a chance of snow showers and sleet after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Friday Night
A chance of snow and sleet before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Haha nah Noah took the Nam seriously. And for once in the entire scope of human existence, it was correct.

I believe it was the ETA back then. ;)

I was really shocked to see NWS Blacksburg with a 30% chance of snow in my forecast Friday all the way up here. Doesn't really look like anything here unless you look at the 4k/12k NAM.

I'm usually pretty optimistic, but my gut tells me if mby is gonna hit climo this year I better cash in with one of these next 2 events and this one unfortunately has right at zilch over here. I'd rather score big with this event because of the cold that follows for a few days. So if someone hits the jackpot you get the double bonus of being able to enjoy it all weekend without any drip drip.

I just ain't feeling g it after this week, could be and hopefully wrong but that's saying alot when 2 of the biggest 3 snowfalls I've personally witnessed in NC fell 17 inches on Feb 28 and 15 inches in first week of March 1993. Morale is enjoy every flake that falls , cause a long dry summer is fast approaching.

Be wary. Hires nam had Rdu painted over with precip last event and we got nothing. 32k nam shows a little qpf at the surface but not much in way of accums. If you expect anything more than snow showers in Rdu you will be disappointed with this one IMO

Rgem and ARPEGE are the way to go inside 60 hours. Nam overdoes qpf too often but with ARPEGE and rgem on board with a good 1-3" snowfall I think chances are pretty good for a nice little snow. GFS is coming on board now too the 00z run looks a little better. The 12z Euro ensembles looked pretty good too. It won't be a big storm but a solid 1-3" especially in Eastern NC looks like a good chance.

Archived