• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957

Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

Thru 15 hours the GFS has shifted the area of maximum QPF south, and is from DC eastward.  Should probably go report that to the Philly forum.

ETA: looks a lot like the NAM at 21.

And the NYC forum. And our forum twice.

And the NYC forum. And our forum twice.

LOL yeah, it looks a touch warmer than 12z but it was sort of on its own with the freezing line being near DC during the day tomorrow anyway.

Yeah, GFS doesn't look much different from the previous run. Maybe a little wetter but also a little warmer... still 2.5/3.5 inches for DC... warmer than the 4k NAM/RGEM/EURO.

DPs 33-35 for the whole event in DC.  Not cold. 

yes...pretty ugly.,.I think we might be able to discern something by 9-10 pm or so.....not going to sweat DCA too much, but would like to be down to 36-37 IMBY...GFS has me at 39 at midnight...that would be problematic, but I don't buy it..44/28 now...I think we are in pretty good shape if we get decent rates...We aren't going to be 36 and 0.5 mi viz at 3 am

yes...pretty ugly.,.I think we might be able to discern something by 9-10 pm or so.....not going to sweat DCA too much, but would like to be down to 36-37 IMBY...GFS has me at 39 at midnight...that would be problematic, but I don't buy it..44/28 now...I think we are in pretty good shape if we get decent rates...We aren't going to be 36 and 0.5 mi viz at 3 am

It's not really all that different than the 12Z run-- just mostly warmer in the first phase through 12Z as you pointed out. This isn't one of those deals where we have to wait until waking up in the morning to figure out whether it's right. The rain/snow transition we can watch start to happen before bedtime.