Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th Monster Ocean storm obs and hallucinations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wind and radar is displaced from where the flakes end up actually falling

Because of easterly component of wind... You'll need to get further inside the band for ground truth to match up better

Thanks for the explanation. Learned something new today.

The lightest returns are now as far away as Narragansett which is 20 miles to my east and the snow intensity has just started to pick up. Visibility is back down again to between 1 mile and 3/4 mile and flake size is a bit bigger now as well.

KPYM may verify Blizzard shortly based on ASOS at next hourly.

METAR KPYM 081452Z AUTO 04017G29KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG OVC009 M01/M02 A2977 RMK AO2 PK WND 02035/1435 SLP082 P0000 60001 T10111022 56001

METAR KPYM 081552Z AUTO 03021G34KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG VV005 M02/M03 A2975 RMK AO2 PK WND 04037/1528 SLP075 P0002 T10171028

Kind of chaotic in Niantic.  Been heavy winter all morning and now the wind is picking up.  Trains have been parked on the main line of Amtrak due to a fatality on the tracks in Old Lyme just to the southwest.  Train traffic got back underway ten minutes ago and there are a lot of train horns blowing as they pass very slowly through Niantic.  Visibility is quite low.

May be a nice place for a WVIT remote.   :whistle:

Ginx can you share a couple of my good ones? I'm trying t make it home now. Actually ended up driving into a completely flooded out road. 3 different roads closed. I'm in Cohasset center now.

I think i was next to you. Do you drive a honda? It was my girlfriend and I but only she got out.

I was in a silver subaru forester and drove through the cones then backed out. This was in cohasset on jerusalem road.

Archived