joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 5 quick hitting obs

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's definitely interesting, and it basically tells me that just above the deck, its sub freezing, and as soon as the heavier returns move overhead, the column should rapidly cool somewhere between 29-32F, as it looks right now.  Precip shield is also starting to take on a negative signature so the next few hrs is when the precip should make a run towards inland areas, and its at this time when we'll see the back edge of the precip and we'll see exactly how far it gets inland.  From the early looks of the radar, precip should have no problem making inroads towards western areas that thought they were gonna get shut out once again but I don't think that;ll be the case.  KALB may even see a few flakes flyin about.  Good luck to all

An 8 just showed up in the Berks somewhere near KPIT and I'll go out on a limb and say there are going to be quite a bit of surprised faces as they get up, yawn, while looking out the window and saying WT*, cause the cold air definitely seems to be coming in a lot sooner than many of the forecasted change over times.  Boston will be mixing if not already, but I'd say pretty soon.

925mb temps

925mb_sf.gif?1454658908547

850's 

850mb_sf.gif?1454659039237

Archived