joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/5 Coastal Storm Obs/Discussion Thread

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.1 inches for the final tally, Highland Mills in Orange County. Pretty much all of it in a 3-4 hour time frame. Colder temps help out again, 10 miles to the north less than an inch.

It's getting scary riding this fine line every storm and again sympathies to my HV friends from about 5 miles south of I84 and north, shutout again.

As of 10:15 am, we have 4.0" in Metuchen at 31F and it's snowing lightly, with the back edge at our doorstep (right along the Turnpike, which I live W of by about 1 mile), so I think that'll be the final measurement.  Very nice storm and great forecast by the NWS (I was in their 3-4" swath on the graphic, although the WWA said 1-3", which I never quite understood), DT, and many others.  Definitely less to the N/W and more to the S/E, as predicted.  And I just made a snowman, which is always fun.  

Now at 27" for the season, which is right around climo for the whole season, which is pretty amazing given that this will end up being one of our warmest winters on record (DJF), if not the warmest.  On to Monday/Tuesday.  

Did they cancel the schools or order a delay first? Woodbridge canceled at the last moment after calling a delay. I'm in Colonia I eyeballed 2-3 but 4 is probably right.

3.1 inches for the final tally, Highland Mills in Orange County. Pretty much all of it in a 3-4 hour time frame. Colder temps help out again, 10 miles to the north less than an inch.

It's getting scary riding this fine line every storm and again sympathies to my HV friends from about 5 miles south of I84 and north, shutout again.

I think your SN still has great deal of validity per the events of 13 days ago.  Very nice to see you after all these years months and I always enjoyed our discussions. 

10.0 inches new today in Port Jeff at 11:40 AM brings us to 33.1" on the season...I'll suppose it basically eclipses that indeterminate & elusive seasonal average out here...one that seems to very much embody the spirit of The NY State motto in recent times...

You would imagine it would end with a bang out here; the noon day sun and halfway to the vernal equinox...sufficient to generate some convection and some downpours of snow for the tempest's (small t) denouement...

Archived