joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/5 Coastal Storm Obs/Discussion Thread

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How then would you explain to the person reporting little snow accumulation in lower Manhattan scientifically?

I would postulate that there are a number of microclimates within Manhattan itself. From Central Park North, that climate is similar to that of the North Shore of Long Island and Northeast New Jersey. From Midtown, South to about Union Square (14th St.) that climate (accounting for heat island etc) is partially impacted by the ocean affect. From that point South, it's anti-snow Armageddon. It's very close to the ocean, has many tall buildings close to each other, and is densely packed with underground subway lines. This comes together to make snow near impossible to accumulate with marginal temps.

Sure thing. Will have them up shortly. 

excellent... btw, I am usually conservative in my measurement... I think my blower has a 10" vertical, was almost to the top... maybe a I measured wrong... Just does not seem to be more than 8" or so here... not that I am complaining... two days ago I thought if I got 4"+ I would be happy. 

sorry my man... you hit the jackpot... not the lottery... but white gold. 

No apology necessary! The band did hit a lot of people, but it only stalled and pivoted over a very small area. This is the first time I've ever been truly the jackpot. I couldn't be happier. Glad to hear that you did well also! 

excellent... btw, I am usually conservative in my measurement... I think my blower has a 10" vertical, was almost to the top... maybe a I measured wrong... Just does not seem to be more than 8" or so here... not that I am complaining... two days ago I thought if I got 4"+ I would be happy.

8 is too low. And being "conservative" means your numbers are wrong.

Islip reported 8" hours ago and I measured 9.5 to your north.

Again, being conservative doesn't make sense..be accurate.

Archived