Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.....couldn't help it.

We roasted some 'Heels on Saturday night.

Taste like chicken.

I watched the game they played very well. They are playing much better than the Terps right now. My only ray of hope is that the Terps probably have the most talent but are just playing horribly. If they don't turn it around pronto we will be out by the sweet 16 at the latest. There is so much parity in CBB right now even though the Terps suck s**t, in Lunardi's new brackets they are still a 3 seed.

No way to sugar coat it. Terps have been underwhelming since the easy win against bowie state. They (trimble in particular) are not playing well and if they don't figure it out it will be an early exit in the tourney. 

Trimble is the mystery. I can't understand how such a good player becomes so bad so fast. He had his best game in a month Saturday and he was still terrible.

That's the only thing that makes sense. If that's the case he should sit out until the NCAA tournament.

Last year he was the focus and it worked better

He would bring the ball up, nearly break someone's ankles, and drive and score or drive and get fouled and go like 12 for 14 from the line, or pass or miss. Now it is mostly pass and run around and try to get open and that is not his best game

MD is better with him getting 18-20 per game and Suliamon getting 10 then them both getting 14

That was crazy near the end when Stone was driving for a layup and got hacked but the refs could only review who the ball went off of and not that it went off of him because his arm was pulled off the ball

There needs to be something in replays say in the last 2 minutes that "get it right" preempts other considerations

I watched the game they played very well. They are playing much better than the Terps right now. My only ray of hope is that the Terps probably have the most talent but are just playing horribly. If they don't turn it around pronto we will be out by the sweet 16 at the latest. There is so much parity in CBB right now even though the Terps suck s**t, in Lunardi's new brackets they are still a 3 seed.

I know how you guys feel.  Last year, Virginia looked good on paper, but the reality was that they weren't playing well at tournament time.

It's hard to play well the whole way through.  Maryland was on fire but they've cooled off.  Sometimes it can be tough to get that back.

That was crazy near the end when Stone was driving for a layup and got hacked but the refs could only review who the ball went off of and not that it went off of him because his arm was pulled off the ball

There needs to be something in replays say in the last 2 minutes that "get it right" preempts other considerations

That had to be the worst call since the entire second half of the Duke final four game in 2001.

That had to be the worst call since the entire second half of the Duke final four game in 2001.

I felt it was almost equal to the all time #1-

Buck Williams up in the air securing the rebound and having a UNC player go underneath of him , cut his legs out, and almost flip buck over. Even worse was the refs comments after the game thst he felt like the UNC player had "made an athletic play"

I felt it was almost equal to the all time #1-

Buck Williams up in the air securing the rebound and having a UNC player go underneath of him , cut his legs out, and almost flip buck over. Even worse was the refs comments after the game thst he felt like the UNC player had "made an athletic play"

Clean play imo.   :)

How did you feel about the game Saturday?

Carolina made some silly mistakes down the stretch that just wouldn't allow us to get over the hump, and you can't do that against a team as good as UVA.  I thought UVA played very well offensively and played at a much higher tempo than I had expected.  I wasn't really all that mad about the loss.  I was half expecting to lose in Charlottesville.  I'm looking forward to a rematch in the ACCT. 

Carolina made some silly mistakes down the stretch that just wouldn't allow us to get over the hump, and you can't do that against a team as good as UVA. I thought UVA played very well offensively and played at a much higher tempo than I had expected. I wasn't really all that mad about the loss. I was half expecting to lose in Charlottesville. I'm looking forward to a rematch in the ACCT.

I'd hate to have to bet on a winner. It's wide open.

Archived