Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 2016 Medium/Long Range Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about what it was when Matt was doing a gfs pbp when the bliz first showed up goving us "only" a foot.

too early for the details, but there are some turd members in there if you like snow and live near the big cities. Def favors n/w attm, but obvs silly to worry at this range.

Sure, let's all jump on a +10 day unicorn threat. I mean, c'mon, a huge blizzard happening a few weeks before obviously increases the chances of another one happening, the same way an EF5 tornado means more EF5s, right?

Just because the LR models got right on one storm, doesn't mean they'll be correct again. A broken clock is right twice a day. 

A +10 day threat hardly has much veracity, especially when we're talking about the 18z GFS, which so many of you knock when it dares show a rainstorm or warm pattern.

This threat should be approached with more caution, IMO.

A majority of the posters on this sub-forum have been tracking wx for a long time bud. We understand it is 10 days out lol.....We're hyped over the PATTERN being shown, not the exact storm. We're not just talking about the 18z GFS though. We're talking about the 12z GFS, 18z GFS + GEFS, 00z PARA EURO, 00z PARA EURO ensembles, 00z EURO & Ensemble, & 12z EURO & Ensemble.

So, yea...

Sure, let's all jump on a +10 day unicorn threat. I mean, c'mon, a huge blizzard happening a few weeks before obviously increases the chances of another one happening, the same way an EF5 tornado means more EF5s, right?

Just because the LR models got right on one storm, doesn't mean they'll be correct again. A broken clock is right twice a day. 

A +10 day threat hardly has much veracity, especially when we're talking about the 18z GFS, which so many of you knock when it dares show a rainstorm or warm pattern.

Go away and never return.

The one thing that seems unusual is the shortwave comes in in the pac nw and gets shoved south. IIRC the big storms in 09-10 were all from sw's coming into CA. The blizzard this year entered the conus in CA as well.

Bob didn't the Blizzard enter around Washington state? Going to look it up. I just remember tracking the shortwave coming on shore in the NW fwiw. Probably wrong though. 

I love when ne'er do wells from outside regions come in here and tell us sh*t we already know as if they're helping us or teaching us something new.

"Hey guys, it's a 10 day prog, it might not come true!" "Be careful, it's not a lock".

How would we know anything about weather if 40N wasn't here to drop by and teach us like we're 6 years old?

The one thing that seems unusual is the shortwave comes in in the pac nw and gets shoved south. IIRC the big storms in 09-10 were all from sw's coming into CA. The blizzard this year entered the conus in CA as well.

1048 HP is gonna shove it south for sure. I would be worried about it getting squashed below us. But the HP is in the perfect position on this run. This one has a legitimate chance to be another big one for us though.

Go away and never return.

Think in almost everything you get seasons with preferred zones. Could be we are one this winter. Not really a repeating pattern here though per se. I'll pretend that was the look I was expecting if it happens though. Works for other people.

Sure, let's all jump on a +10 day unicorn threat. I mean, c'mon, a huge blizzard happening a few weeks before obviously increases the chances of another one happening, the same way an EF5 tornado means more EF5s, right?

You should probably stick to trolling the NYC forum per your usual antics. You should also probably check the Euro OP, the Euro control, the GEFS, and the EPS just to name a few in regards to the D+10 setup. Yes, temper expectations at this range, but being it has mucho support, your doom and gloom over the pattern is slightly unjustified.

First flakes are only nine days out not 10+ but whatever.

Ok, here it is. It was a 12z or 18z run i believe on 1/13 (9 days before the storm) that Matt said that the gfs gave us a foot. I'm on my phone and the mobile version doesn't let me link the url of the exact post so I'm giving you the page of the thread...it's near the top. How's that for remembering a post over 3 weeks ago! Soooo, it's not too soon to get serious.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47563-january-medlong-range-disco-part-2/page-44

Yes, it did (at least as I recall it). I remember tracking it when it was well north of Hawaii in the Pacific and it moving onshore near the OR/WA border.

Maybe it did. I look at so much stuff it just falls out of my brain when the RAM gets full. I was thinking northern cali. In the end it doesn't matter. Each storm has its own personality. Every has that classic look right now. And it's only 10 days away so nothing should change much.

Archived