joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually looks on radar like it is building back from the sw the east and the ne.  I actually finally feel optimisitic.  in 30 minutes the city should be back in it, as well as northern delaware.  fingers crossed.

I think we get back in it soon. That band finally seems to be dropping south and consolidating from SW to NE with a ton of good stuff moving onshore in CNJ.

I think we get back in it soon. That band finally seems to be dropping south and consolidating from SW to NE with a ton of good stuff moving onshore in CNJ.

think you may be right...the band seems to be dropping to the SE of west chester, albeit very slowly...if it consolidates with the stuff over NJ we may have some nice rates for a while...

WU has a radar archive and this is a 24hr loop.  Pretty cool to see the dynamics of the storm and really see that deathband.

attachicon.gif01232016-WUNIDS_composite_archive.gif

Cheers for this! After looking at that - can't really complain here in Montco - radar confirms we were hit hard too. Hopefully this death band cometh south and delivers another punch, though!

But they're smaller, so won't they accumulate slower?

I think they're pretty much the same size as they were earlier. I don't think the snow is as wet. It wasn't really accumulating from 11-1 but it's starting to accumulate again. I don't know how much snow there is in my backyard but I'm just going off from the closest latest snow total reports. Getting windy again. 

Just completed operation snowblow phase 1. Should make cleanup tomorrow much easier.

Still snowing moderately in Warminster. Finally found the snowboard out in the field. Took 4 measurements about a half hour ago and avg was 24.2"! Absolutely amazing storm!!

Expecting an additional 3-6" here before tapering off by midnight.

that band does not like the city  man o man.

I hate to say it, but I think the city is pretty much done for this storm. We're lucky if we've received a total of an inch since day break. Apparently there is an epic blizzard happening all around me. haha. This is the worst, longest lasting, stationery dry slot I've ever seen. Meanwhile that incredible band has stretched from DC to Allentown and beyond all day. I don't think that's coming here - I think it will snow itself out.

All in all, Philly had a decent storm overnight. But the daylight hours have been a huge letdown.

Archived