Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, that's a little weird. 31 degrees here and all snow (wet snow)

It is weird although I am thinking there is some slight warming and refreezing up above.  Not coming down as sleet and am not seeing giant "flakes" but definitely getting rimming too.  The intensity just dropped off as I type.  I watched the little snow hole move up this way but then filled in.  The heavier precip band has been moving NW.

I'll believe I get more heavy snow when I see it. Right now it sucks. This is the reason for that gap over ne ms n de and sepa qpf maps over the last few days

Yep, been saying that....which is why I wanted to road trip ;). Not complaining...this storm rocks, but man 25 miles from fPhilly being in this deform

As you say in New England it is certainly ripping here in NW Chesco - will be heading out to plow and measure again shortly

Hope you are enjoying your road trip home!

Absolutely enjoying it. Shout out to my wife for watching the kids at home!

I actually grew up in Glenmoore/Chester Springs area, family moved a few years ago to Honey Brook area.

Yep, been saying that....which is why I wanted to road trip ;). Not complaining...this storm rocks, but man 25 miles from fPhilly being in this deform

I hear ya. I live in Center City and last night was GREAT! I was out late and it was ripping. Went to bed and woke up around 7:00. We must have gotten a lot of snow overnight because I think we have 16-18"!!

We were in a dry slot, so I went back to bed. Woke up again at 11:00 and it's another dry slot. Apparently, it's ripping snow everywhere but here. Uhghg. I feel dumb complaining about 18", but I certainly was hoping to have a chance to see some good snow bands during daylight hours. 

My sister lives in Mt. Airy, MD (40 miles NW of DC), which is in the bullseye. Should have paid her a visit.

This lull blows. The sky is bright and calling it "light snow" would be generous. Any chance the snow returns to Center City, or is it over for us?

Archived