joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just completed operation snowblow phase 1. Should make cleanup tomorrow much easier.

Still snowing moderately in Warminster. Finally found the snowboard out in the field. Took 4 measurements about a half hour ago and avg was 24.2"! Absolutely amazing storm!!

Expecting an additional 3-6" here before tapering off by midnight.

I would go w/6+...it's raking out there w/another 8+ hours and a nice band(s) moving in.

It is amazing how I continue to sit just on the good side of the sharp cut off band

Be glad you're on the good side! Sitting on the bad side is agony. I just talked to my sister - she has 36" in central MD. I should've chased. Still hasn't picked up in the city. Sitting at 15", which is the same as 6 AM. To those experiencing the blizzard, enjoy it!!!

Just got out from trying to shovel in east norriton, 23 inches, and the wind is kicking up again.  Moderate Snow, 28 degrees.  This storm rivals January 96 (I was in NYC for that one), April Fools Storm in Boston (there for college) and the back to back 2010 storms here in PHL. 

I'll believe it when I see it.  this is agonizing and every hour that passes I don't think it will happen, or it will weaken and just give us a couple inches.

For that moisture to move out its going to have to come E-SE at some point. The low will track further east into the warmer waters of the Atlantic and continuing fueling the system. This thing is long from over, and isn't going to simply lose its intensity. 

I'll believe it when I see it.  this is agonizing and every hour that passes I don't think it will happen, or it will weaken and just give us a couple inches.

I know!! I guess it's always tough to be in the screw zone. I feel ridiculous calling 15" a screw zone, but hearing everybody post about white-out conditions when I've hardly seen a flake all day is tough. That, and my sister got 36" in MD. I should've chased!!!!

For that moisture to move out its going to have to come E-SE at some point. The low will track further east into the warmer waters of the Atlantic and continuing fueling the system. This thing is long from over, and isn't going to simply lose its intensity.

It's a triple point (occluded low) so that band may not hold together forever

Archived