joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did my first round of shoveling. Started at 7:30am with a clear foot on the driveway. Finished at 10. Snow accumulated 4.5" on the spot where I started 2 hours earlier. Death bands moving through. Did have about 20 minutes of heavy grauple around 8:30. It is the most impressive storm since PD II.

City giving a press conference right now with updates.  The Emergency Ops spokesperson just said that they have 17.1" outside of the Ops center (she said it was an "official reporting station").

Intensity has been up and down here (had dropped a bit a half hour ago)  Now moderate SN, temp rising and up to 27.0F now (so I expect the snow will start getting wetter).  Winds still sustained in the 20mph range out of the ESE.

Early to say but I have to say this is massive win for GFS and NAM.....and fail on Euro

Ironically, the Euro nailed this with one or two of its runs from I believe last Sunday. It was actually the model that made me take the bait for this storm and start the threat thread. Then it crapped the bed pretty much from there forward.

Archived