• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

Unfortunately the NAM is verifying the best right now according to GSP NWS.

Right now the 0z Nam is too warm in the area I mentioned. I've had a feeling the rgem might have been on the cold side and with the Nam more reasonable. But not sure I buy how warm the 0z run is...but other than the above area I haven't had time to compare more areas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to say i was not over joyed when i saw the gsp update about dewpoints and warmer nam seeming to be right at the moment lol.  the temp here is 36 now - down a couple of degrees in the last few hours.  i really hope that wedge gets moving down this way.  the winds seem to be picking up so my fingers are crossed.

As far as major ice, I don't think u have much to worry about. The caa at 950 to 925mb is very strong and you won't have nearly as much trouble as lower elevations,

As far as major ice, I don't think u have much to worry about. The caa at 950 to 925mb is very strong and you won't have nearly as much trouble as lower elevations

what would really be cool would be to see a snowfall on top of some ice.  i have always thought it would be something wild to see for some reason lol

steady ne winds here hope its bringing in the drier air

Archived