• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    freestyle
    Newest Member
    freestyle
mackerel_sky

Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

Nice haul and well-deserved! Also looking at that big nasty band pivoting around southeast of ATL -- looks like it's taking dead aim!

6" Snow and sleet. Measured close to 4 inches this morning of snow. Banding in the foothills is producing sleet and snow currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavier Precip is moving in and for the looks of it it's gonna be mostly ZR..this is very concerning for central NC right now

winds picking up in Graham...and there's still a lot of moisture to head our way...imo we are going to start to see lots of power issues chatham north to RDU then west to GSO

Future radar on TWC looks good for us in 3-4 hours. I'm still thinking we'll only get maybe a quarter inch snow of accumulation by morning.. But one part of me says we'll see more like 2 inches somehow :)

Changed over to sleet /snow mix finally about an hour ago. For awhile it was about 75% snow  - a real fine snow, not clumpy, which is weird with borderline mid level temps. Guess I have about an inch total of snow sleet ice. A looong way from the 2-4 GSP put out or the 6-8 they had for me this morning! Does look like there are a couple more bands coming in from NEGA but who knows who they'll hit, they're not very big and moving fast. I think amounts are going to fall well short for most in the upstate except those near hwy 11. 

Selet with some very fine flakes mixing in. Still coming down at a good clip. Nervously watching the back edge on the radar. It looks like it has stopped its retreat.

Man, whoever gets in the way of that big band from Gainesville, Ga. down to Macon is going to pick up a quick couple bonus inches in a hurry.

28.5 here with light sleet still falling...

post-309-0-13806200-1453494217_thumb.jpe