• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    freestyle
    Newest Member
    freestyle
mackerel_sky

Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

woo hoo to all the sleet and snow reports....i am so glad so many of us are getting hit today!!!!

its awesome

Down to 30/28 in Gainesville, Ga.  Moderate Sleet/Freezing Rain mix.  Just spoke to a Gainesville police officer who said that from the Hall county line north the roads are a wreck....they're responding to multiple accidents due to icing county wide.

yes i am north of there and its really really icy and still pouring down lol

Watching 2 and 5 and they are saying people are reporting snow mixing in

cant wait - the winds are starting to howl yikes. so whats going on up the road in clayton? yall back to snow yet?

Pine branches are snapping off right and left all over the neighborhood. 90' pines and ice don't mix. Heating dinner now while we still have power. Almost 75K w/o power now.

ditto - cooking now.  the winds are really picking up.  freezing rain and sleet still coming down.  trees are really bending over

Finally some dam SNOW!

yay!!!!!  glad you got some finall

i am squeezed between east and west lol

A big whopping 0.42" of QPF at the airport in GSO since this "blizzard' started.  Pathetic really.

Yea qpf is really going to be down 30 % if not more when all is said and done. I'll be suprised to see many if any 24+ totals in VA where guys where forecasted by every model in those sweet spots to really cash in. Still early so let's wait and see how it unfolds

I am getting very light snow, which is surprising giving the light returns on radar.  It Looks like some heavier stuff is about to come in from my south.

Excellent returns pivoting in from northern Alabama for all of us here in N. Georgia.....the question is whether they can hold together......hopefully the strengthening low can enhance the banding over N. Georgia........timing should be right with the sun going down...if we can put together a few hours of that, we'll be in business.  It's still snowing over in Birmingham, so we have a long time to go.

Excellent returns pivoting in from northern Alabama for all of us here in N. Georgia.....the question is whether they can hold together......hopefully the strengthening low can enhance the banding over N. Georgia........timing should be right with the sun going down...if we can put together a few hours of that, we'll be in business.  It's still snowing over in Birmingham, so we have a long time to go.

Been watching with interest; seemed like it was gone about an hour or so ago but has been filling in and moving our way; would be nice to scrape an inch or so out of it..

I can't figure it out.  According to the SPC page, both 850s and 925s are below freezing here, well below.  Why is it still sleeting rather than snowing with these really heavy rates?