Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you in clayton in rabun couty eh?  nice on the snow!  quite a bit  of freezing rain here at 30.  i figured clayton would be getting snow today while i was in the ice lol

edited to add: sleet mixing in, heard it on the skylight and went out to check.  freezing rain/sleet mix here now

Yep :) I didn't think I could stand a 33 degree rain, light glaze and dusting while everyone else got pounded into oblivion lol

Glad to see you are getting something other than rain. Radar looks decent for both of us with showers moving straight toward us both and we are close to max mid level warming by now

precip really dropped off last hour.  Only 0.01 at the downtown Greenville airport.  Temps seem to be trending to the 30 to 31 range.  Looks like there should be some good moisture coming up from GA.

yes, temps are slowly dropping in the immediate Greenville area, this should help Mack, although we need some sustained, high rates of precip

Due north of you. Keep those OBS coming. 

Wow, temp keeps on falling.  30.2°/28°.  About to get under heavier returns again.  Would not be surprised to see a burst of snow.  Right now we are have some very light fine snow? and sleet falling.

ip/sn mix in the bands working N into the foothills

Archived