SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting observation... the 10-15 mph gusts/breezes  blowing through 90' pines glazed over with ice has a completely different sound than blowing through a 'clean' pine. It's more of a 'roar' compared to a 'whistling' sound. Meanwhile, it's still raining, puddling on the roads, freezing on elevated surfaces. Rain gauge is still tipping.

Noticed GSP decreased their totals for 85 corridor, down form 4-8 earlier this morning to 2-4 now. I think 2-4 is still too high for most of 85 unless the wrap around really performs. 30/28 here. Looks like I had a light dusting of snow predawn but all rain/ sleet since then. Have yet to see a snowflake fall. My parents, about 7 miles north of here in Dacusville, have a couple of inches of snow. Radar looks terrible to the SW but i have seen radars like that fill back in nicely before so we'll hope for that. I bet Ceaser's Head is buried!

Mack, my temp is now down to 30.4 - heading your way

Yeah alot of showers and drizzle blossoming over Georgia , heading our way! The light showery rain actually accumulates on trees and power lines, better than heavy rain! We may be in trouble, if it doesn't go to more sleet! Saw three trees down, that had been removed in a 1 mile drive near Ga road!

Noticed GSP decreased their totals for 85 corridor, down form 4-8 earlier this morning to 2-4 now. I think 2-4 is still too high for most of 85 unless the wrap around really performs. 30/28 here. Looks like I had a light dusting of snow predawn but all rain/ sleet since then. Have yet to see a snowflake fall. My parents, about 7 miles north of here in Dacusville, have a couple of inches of snow. Radar looks terrible to the SW but i have seen radars like that fill back in nicely before so we'll hope for that. I bet Ceaser's Head is buried!

I think it might be too high south of 85. I'll buy what their selling north of 85 until that train derails.

Archived