• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FirstinWeather
    Newest Member
    FirstinWeather
Ian

Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting

Banding structure is looking great. The warm air advection precip will pulse. There will always be subsidence between bands. Later when the cold conveyor bands start rolling in from the east they will be more stationary in nature.

This storm is nothing short of jaw dropping from a met perspective. We are absolute ground zero

Not far from you in Mt Washington and same observation. This should be an awesome night.

Up to 4.5" here down the road from Mt. Washington. Looks like we will add to this nicely in the next 2 hours.

and people were constantly bashing ers-wxman for talking about it.

I think most familiar with this area knew areas dc and east and especially south of 50/along the bay could flirt w sleet. It's happened in many big storms.

Stay of execution on Dale City - For Now.

That yellow band is here and its SNOW! Hell Yeah! BRING IT ON!!!

Might as well live it up --- while I can

<Jeb breaks into his happy dance!>

I call complete BS on that.  I'm 4 miles north of there and there was nothing.  Snow is next to zero.

On the radar it looks like there is heavier snow south of you, from like New Market-ish down to Staunton.

It's come north pretty well. I was a bit surprised how close it is but I never looked that hard since DCA was almost always all snow on runs.

I've sorta expected to get some sleet with this one even in my yard. HtripleR and Nam 4k have shown it west of the bay. Doesn't take much to make it further west. I don't stress about sleet as long as I know I go back to snow at some point. FEB 2014 kinda sucked after the flip. Thankfully that shouldn't be the case here.