Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your getting snow, give it a rest ! Enjoy

Ive had a few snow grains at my house. If you consider that snow. Seriously though, its gotten to the point where I never take any warning or advisory seriously. I kind of chuckled when I saw they were forecasting a dusting to 1/2 inch here. I'm not worried though. I'm sure that storm the Euro is advertising next week will deliver.

Really FFC?  A Winter Weather Advisory for this crap ? This is why I never trust FFC anymore. I was even under a Winter Storm Warning last year and didn't get a flake.

Not sure that's fair.  We're in a place where there's virtually no DOT capability to handle icing, so they really do have to advise the public when the roads might be bad.  You weren't under an advisory for an inch of fluffy flakes, you were under an advisory because the roads are likely to freeze, and school kids should not have to spend the night on buses.

Leadership has proved that they won't consider sending employees home early and cancelling school unless FFC issues products, so FFC issues products at very low thresholds (as compared to the northeast, for example) to protect the public.

Not sure that's fair. We're in a place where there's virtually no DOT capability to handle icing, so they really do have to advise the public when the roads might be bad. You weren't under an advisory for an inch of fluffy flakes, you were under an advisory because the roads are likely to freeze, and school kids should not have to spend the night on buses.

Leadership has proved that they won't consider sending employees home early and cancelling school unless FFC issues products, so FFC issues products at very low thresholds (as compared to the northeast, for example) to protect the public.

I'm reading it right now and it says 1 to 2 inches of snow along and north of I-20. I'm within 10 miles of I-20 so I would say I would fit in that area. There will not be even the slightest dusting of snow on the ground in the morning. Guaranteed. I've lost all trust in FFC not only because of this storm but other failures as well, particularly Feb 2015 which I realize wasn't a failure in your area.

you should have went up to toxaway for this one.

Yea, I regret not going now. I'm always reluctant to go up there when I think my house has a chance to get in on the action.

We would have went up there around lunch today when things weren't looking so hot here, but by that time I don't think we would have made it up the road.

I'm reading it right now and it says 1 to 2 inches of snow along and north of I-20. I'm within 10 miles of I-20 so I would say I would fit in that area. There will not be even the slightest dusting of snow on the ground in the morning. Guaranteed. I've lost all trust in FFC not only because of this storm but other failures as well, particularly Feb 2015 which I realize wasn't a failure in your area.

I don't know how old you are, but why you got your hopes up for snow here is beyond me........has Atlanta proper EVER gotten a decent snow with the low pressure center tracking this far to the north? That's why I thought there was virtually no chance of accumulating snow here.........listen, I've been here for 40 years and there are 3 scenarios which DO NOT equal Atlanta snowfall

1. A low pressure that tracks far inland instead of hugging the gulf coast

2. Clippers.....we win the lottery if we get a slight dusting

3. Back end, comma head, deformation bands (unless the low pressure tracks sufficiently to the south I.e. March '93.

Look at these 3 criteria....if any of them apply to a forecasted storm, then chances of disappointment are virtually 100%.

Just checking in from up here in Snowshoe. I have no way to measure but we have to be close to 18". It is disappointing that things have gone so poorly for most of the forum.

My chasing advice advice is to drive north a long way then find a tall mountain. Seems to usually work out for me.

Shawn...I thought you had passed out or went snow chasing. Lol Looks like we aren't looking at much here. Hoping we can get some wraparound. Got my eyes on next week.

I drank American Vodka with a fake Russian name.  I don't recommend it.  Moisture really drying out, who knows.  We need more cold next week down this way.

I don't know how old you are, but why you got your hopes up for snow here is beyond me........has Atlanta proper EVER gotten a decent snow with the low pressure center tracking this far to the north? That's why I thought there was virtually no chance of accumulating snow here.........listen, I've been here for 40 years and there are 3 scenarios which DO NOT equal Atlanta snowfall

1. A low pressure that tracks far inland instead of hugging the gulf coast

2. Clippers.....we win the lottery if we get a slight dusting

3. Back end, comma head, deformation bands (unless the low pressure tracks sufficiently to the south I.e. March '93.

Look at these 3 criteria....if any of them apply to a forecasted storm, then chances of disappointment are virtually 100%.

I never had high hopes with this system, but I surely thought we could squeeze out a light dusting.

Archived