• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

This is actually the second time I've seen snow on my birthday in Charleston. In 2003 we had about 1" of snow on the ground. Weird, huh?

Wow! It was a good event to get snow flying in lots of coastal areas too.

Yeah, and are going to say we were hugging the snowiest model or whatever, but RAH had forecasted 6-10"+ immediately before the storm, too. It is what it is, though. It was fun.

I was surprised by that as well. Huge hit midatlantic and even s New England. Maybe needs some analysis in the discussion thread. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! It was a good event to get snow flying in lots of coastal areas too.

I was surprised by that as well. Huge hit midatlantic and even s New England. Maybe needs some analysis in the discussion thread.

The Mid-Atlantic is a bit interesting right now. Some folks are calling their storm a disappointment because they didn't get 2' yet, LOL. Must be a nice problem to have.

Lol yeah, I figued your area was golden for 7-9 though. lower totals across all but western NC. But a wide range of coverage with at least token flurries south and east to the coast.

Check out the crazy comma head on water vapor loop! http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GSSLOOPS/ecwv.html

Alos looks like thunder snow about to come ashore Long Island.

The Mid-Atlantic is a bit interesting right now. Some folks are calling their storm a disappointment because they didn't get 2' yet, LOL. Must be a nice problem to have.

Yeah wow. With what the models showed I wished we would have had a bigger thump of snow in the beginning and more qpf during the day yesterday. But it was a nice little event, got about 2.5 inches of snow and sleet. It was essentially exactly the same as the blizzard of 96 for clt, just switch out the bit of freezing rain with a slug of sleet. Just can't really score a good snow here with Miller Bs.

DC people in the mid atlantic forum are complaining that they only got 18-19 inches of snow. Someone called the storm "disappointing. :axe:  :axe:  :axe:

And some of them are claiming that the NWS crew "doesn't know how to measure snow accumulation" because it's not as high a number as they think it should be. You can't make this stuff up. 

I really dont think the 28th threat will work out. Looks more like a frontal passage. 

Anyways, this storm wasn't too bad. Would have liked more snow but i think we all knew this was not going to be a mostly snow event for the NC Piedmont. I think I can go into the summer feeling like i at least got to see snow and sleet.  

I really dont think the 28th threat will work out. Looks more like a frontal passage. 

Anyways, this storm wasn't too bad. Would have liked more snow but i think we all knew this was not going to be a mostly snow event for the NC Piedmont. I think I can go into the summer feeling like i at least got to see snow and sleet.

Dude, it's January.

Snow always brings out the best in Southerners.

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C.-- A NC State Highway Patrol (NCSHP) Trooper is recovering after being hit by an ATV drive early Saturday morning. The trooper also fired shots to keep from being hit a second time by the driver.

According to NCSHP, the incident happened around 2:00 a.m., in Rowan County, after the trooper saw the ATV driving along on NC 153 and tried to pull it over. After stopping the vehicle, which had a driver and another passenger on it, is when things got scary for the officer.

The driver pulled onto Harmony Lane, located in subdivision in China Grove. The trooper got out of his patrol car and while approaching the ATV, the drive drove towards him at a high rate of speed and hit him. The driver turned the ATV around and sped towards the trooper a second time, at which time the officer pulled his gun and fired several shots in the direction of the ATV, NCSHP confirms.

Both people on the ATV fled the scene.

The Trooper was taken to Carolinas Medical Center in Concord for treatment. His injuries are not considered life threatening.

Anyone with information about this incident should call: 1-800-233-3151.

As others stated the line dropped about an inch in short order. That's on top of the 1/2 to 1 from last night. Lithia got about an inch and Marietta more like 1.5

Do you know how much the airport officially got ? I may go up there and see all the snow you had. Since it didn't get above freezing today i'm assuming none of it melted.

Snow always brings out the best in Southerners.

5]ROWAN COUNTY, N.C.-- A NC State Highway Patrol (NCSHP) Trooper is recovering after being hit by an ATV drive early Saturday morning. The trooper also fired shots to keep from being hit a second time by the driver.

5]According to NCSHP, the incident happened around 2:00 a.m., in Rowan County, after the trooper saw the ATV driving along on NC 153 and tried to pull it over. After stopping the vehicle, which had a driver and another passenger on it, is when things got scary for the officer.

5]The driver pulled onto Harmony Lane, located in subdivision in China Grove. The trooper got out of his patrol car and while approaching the ATV, the drive drove towards him at a high rate of speed and hit him. The driver turned the ATV around and sped towards the trooper a second time, at which time the officer pulled his gun and fired several shots in the direction of the ATV, NCSHP confirms.

5]Both people on the ATV fled the scene.

5]The Trooper was taken to Carolinas Medical Center in Concord for treatment. His injuries are not considered life threatening.

5]Anyone with information about this incident should call: 1-800-233-3151.

Sounds about right for all those damn weirdos in and around Rowan county! :)

Also read a story out ad CLT area , about a guy running off the road and some people came to help him, and he shot and killed one of the good samaratins! :(

As others stated the line dropped about an inch in short order. That's on top of the 1/2 to 1 from last night. Lithia got about an inch and Marietta more like 1.5

Do you know how much the airport officially got ? I may go up there and see all the snow you had. Since it didn't get above freezing today i'm assuming none of it melted.

And Winston, between Lithia Springs and Carrollton, and just south of I-20, had only a dusting from that line.

The only bits left are speckles of white under tree-shade or otherwise protected areas.

Archived