joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love how it pivots some the heaviest returns right over the CLT area at the end of the storm with the wrap around stuff. Would see some nice snow accums with that on top of whatever we get tomorrow and tomorrow night

For my side of the county: Quick thump of snow, heavy sleet, thump of snow to end. Initial snow/sleet looks to run right along 49 cutting Mecklenburg in half

For my side of the county: Quick thump of snow, heavy sleet, thump of snow to end. Initial snow/sleet looks to run right along 49 cutting Mecklenburg in half

Pretty much, yeah. Typical line. You should do well up there. I was surprised you didn't see more yesterday, I hit a heavy snow shower on freedom drive out by 485 around 5.

Pretty much, yeah. Typical line. You should do well up there. I was surprised you didn't see more yesterday, I hit a heavy snow shower on freedom drive out by 485 around 5.

Was having to rely on reports from my wife, who didn't notice that we actually did have some sticksge yesterday. I think she just wasn't paying attention, because it was obvious there was light dusting of sleet and snow on the mulch areas when I took the dog out this morning. You and Calc are sitting pretty up there, especially with Brandon bringing the mojo "home" with uim

You are correct, I used the old equation from 2006. That has the updated 2013. 

I just examined the NAM more closely- the soundings indicate a lot of the precip during the day Friday would be sleet with a warm nose at 800mb, but the algorithm has that as snow- I wonder if sleet is lumped in with snow with this equation?

This is valid 21Z Friday.  At that point, the warm conveyor belt of precip should be over and there should be a good lull in the precipitation until the deform band comes back through overnight into Saturday morning.  That is to say, 21Z sounding supports sleet but it should not be precipitating at that time.

Archived