Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, well that's a bummer. Seems like a lot would have to happen for this area to be snow instead of IP and ZR.

Face it, it's not going to happen here or there. Icy mess for the upstate at best or wrose dending on how your look at it. Some will get a nice back side snow after the mess. Some will get the lee side screw! Most likely nw gville and Spartanburg, Cherokee and Union get the transfer snow.

Yes sir! I think the models, and the NWS offices are under-estimating that RH fields, the cold punch at 5k...etc....That will be very fun to watch...Get ready sir, y'all are gonna get hit hard with ICE IMHO

Just saw the 6z NAM is giving all of SC back end snow except over my head with a green blip in the center of that heavier reflectivity in Dorchester County lol.

The occlusion looks very reminiscent of the JAN 2000 wraparound where I scored a couple of inches.

RDU goes above freezing after 36 hours, after which there is a period of rain.

It's so close. The maps look to keep RDU at or below freezing for the whole event; but these are maps..

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=039ℑ=data%2Fnam%2F12%2Fnam_namer_039_10m_wnd_precip.gif&model=nam&area=namer&param=10m_wnd_precip&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20160121+12+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

Face it, it's not going to happen here or there. Icy mess for the upstate at best or wrose dending on how your look at it. Some will get a nice back side snow after the mess. Some will get the lee side screw! Most likely nw gville and Spartanburg, Cherokee and Union get the transfer snow.

Not being a weenie but I thought the the GFS showed some snow for the upstate area???

Archived