• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Blue Moon
    Newest Member
    Blue Moon
Wow

Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

nam is running, lets see if it continues to shift that slp north into the convective band or comes around to the euro/gfs solution

Looks like it's deeper. 

SREF is actually more south of the last run. 

21z

3z

SREF is definitely still figuring things out, it's probabilities were useless as the s/w stayed positive and never even went neutral yesterday...lol

Looks like a huge jump eastward at hour 9; or maybe I'm not comparing it correctly to hour 3 at 6z.

Edit: I was looking at the hours backwards..

looks identical out to 15 to me

I don't think Roanoke is safe. Hour 45 at 775mb 0.0  Warm nose is often stronger than modeled so I am expecting some sleet.  This is 1 degree colder than 00z last night so maybe it will trend colder.

It's anecdotal local climo that the sleet/snow line will establish roughly from the NW corner of Henry County to the SW corner.

it's further south with the primary low at 15

The surface low is near San Antonio at this time for what it's worth. Still digging ESE and may pass over/near Metro Houston midday into the afternoon hours.

warm nose much less pronounced with the low further south at 27.. so far.  Transfer needs to happen fast to keep it hat way.

BOOM! Hour 27 heavy snow Triangle to Charlotte north and west!

I assume upstate SC and NE Georgia north of I-85 are snow then also. This is sounding like it's turning into a I-85/I-40 special.

I assume upstate SC and NE Georgia north of I-85 are snow then also. This is sounding like it's turning into a I-85/I-40 special.

To my eyes, looks like rain to FZRA around hour 27, transitioning to sleet around HR 30 for the 85 corridor. 

To my eyes, looks like rain to FZRA around hour 27, transitioning to sleet around HR 30 for the 85 corridor.

Oh, well that's a bummer. Seems like a lot would have to happen for this area to be snow instead of IP and ZR.