• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

Look at the CAD signature... is it just me or has that become more pronounced in the different models tonight... EURO no different.  All the way to Atlanta!

yes...this HAS to be watched very carefully...my maps will include this..FFC needs to wake up about this...EURO is hellbent on making it colder...NAM and GFS and CMC did that as well.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro might even be better snow wise this run for the southern Piedmont. Definitely all snow up here.

This is the best run yet for us.  Looks like all-snow based on the 6-hr panels (850s never above -1C... maybe a little sleet, but meh).  2m temps are in the mid 20s.  Wow.  We get crushed in the hr 42-48 timeframe.

A bit wetter than the 12z Euro, too.

I am weenieing out.

This is the best run yet for us.  Looks like all-snow based on the 6-hr panels (850s never above -1C... maybe a little sleet, but meh).  2m temps are in the mid 20s.  Wow.  We get crushed in the hr 42-48 timeframe.

A bit wetter than the 12z Euro, too.

I am weenieing out.

nothin' wrong with that.  Guidance off the best model in the biz for our area at T-minus 24 hours is showing the type of storm we're happy to see once a decade in central NC.  Enjoy the weenie-dom.  I am.... :snowing:

850s crash in on Saturday morning. Gonna be some nice, fluffy snow to finish off just like 1996 :)

Looks like 15-20" if we can take that run, verbatim, allowing for some compaction and maybe a little mixing.  And that really goes for the entirety of the areas N/W of I-85, seemingly.  Absolutely phenomenal.  And it's not like these obscene totals are coming from some fluke deformation band that might or might not show up.

I am not sure if I have ever seen such huge totals over such a large area so close to a storm here.

Looks like 15-20" if we can take that run, verbatim, allowing for some compaction and maybe a little mixing.  And that really goes for the entirety of the areas N/W of I-85, seemingly.  Absolutely phenomenal.  And it's not like these obscene totals are coming from some fluke deformation band that might or might not show up.

I am not sure if I have ever seen such huge totals over such a large area so close to a storm here.

Not off the king 24 hrs out

Of note, the Euro tracks the surface low offshore east of Hatteras.  That helps a lot of us out a lot.  Looks like it transfers to the CHS area and then is at 992 mb ~50-75 miles ESE of Cape Lookout at hr 54.  Afterwards, it kind of hooks left as it bombs out and goes over the Pamlico, but by then all we have is wraparound snow with central/northern VA getting the hammering.

If I was along a line from about Newberry to Winnsboro to Camden, I'd be buying as many candles as I can though.

After the other modeling.. I would expect the Euro to be just a tad warm.. the line might would drop to around Orangeburg, SC when all said and done.

With that said, I would assume the NWS will start issuing winter weather/ice watches/warnings/advisories further down towards the Central Midlands soon.

I think they'll hold off on the Central Midlands (if it is even needed at all) until 12z earliest.  Euro is close though.. right across Lake Murray its freezing.. and..... heavy precip... 33F right there in Lexington/Columbia.

I think the UKMET track was perhaps slightly further west over the Pamlico Sound (then again, it might have hooked left like the Euro... I don't have the hr 54 panel for it).  The Euro's track actually lines up almost perfectly with the 00z GEFS mean.

At 24 hours to go; that's extremely good news.  

Archived