00 UTC ECMWF/UKMET AND ECMWF ENSEMBLES OFFER THE MOST AMPLIFIED  

AND NRN/SRN STREAM SEPARATE FLOW WITH TROUGHING ALOFT OVER ERN  

NORTH AMERICA THU/FRI. THE WPC PRODUCT SUITE WAS PRIMARILY DERIVED  

FROM THIS SCENARIO WITH THE ECMWF ENSEMBLE MEAN PROVIDING A  

REASONABLE LOW POSITION NEAR THE CENTROID OF MORE VARIED  

ECMWF/UKMET DETERMINISTIC TIMINGS. THIS SEEMS TO FIT THE OVERALL  

PATTERN AND HAS SUPPORT FROM UPSTREAM WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND AT  

LEAST THE TRENDS FROM RECENT GFS/GFSP/GEFS RUNS. THIS PATTERN  

ALLOWS DEEPENING COASTAL LOW DEVELOPMENT/TRACK UP THE EAST COAST.  

LOW FORMATION IS NOT ANYWHERE ON THE ORDER OF THE RECENT HISTORIC  

STORM AND WILL BE MUCH MORE PROGRESSIVE. HOWEVER...THIS COULD  

PROVIDE A SWATH OF HEAVY SNOW ON A LESS THAN CERTAIN AXIS ON THE  

NW PERIPHERY OF THE ASSOCIATED WRAPPED PCPN SHIELD THU FROM THE  

INTERIOR SERN US NEWD ACROSS THE MID-ATLANTIC IN MODESTLY COOLED  

AIR TO ESPECIALLY SERN NEW ENGLAND BY FRIDAY. WINDS AND WAVES WILL  

ALSO THREATEN MARINE INTERESTS WHILE FL AND VICINITY HAVE A  

POTENTIAL THREAT FOR SOME HEAVY DOWNPOURS AND SEVERE WEATHER THU  

AS PER SPC.  

Everything is moving in the wrong direction, however its still close enough to at least keep one eye on it.  Its not as far out as that little coating we got a week ago was at this point.  A similar west trend as that and we could see something but its a long shot right now.  Things seem too progressive

Got a text from a non-snow-loving friend this morning saying "looks like we're getting more snow on Thursday."  I shot that idea down and said that everyone would freak out at the mere mention of snow now.  I'd love feet more of snow, but I'm somewhat glad to see that I'm being proven right. :lol:

EURO trended better in the LR....@ 144 hours there is a shortwave across Central US, and a deeper wave in the Southwest. IF that C Wave trended stronger and reinforced the cold air we'd have a shot @ something Day 9-10. 

As for next week's event, need a hail mary @ this point

9 to 10 days would be next week. ;)

EURO trended better in the LR....@ 144 hours there is a shortwave across Central US, and a deeper wave in the Southwest. IF that C Wave trended stronger and reinforced the cold air we'd have a shot @ something Day 9-10.

As for next week's event, need a hail mary @ this point

And here we go again. For the record that's the same setup ggem has.

The 12Z  Euro ensembles don't like the prospects for the Thur-Fri event. Shifts the offshore low to the east maybe another 100-150 miles. Though most members show no love for the DC-Balt corridor it does have 4 with 2-6 inch totals with a fifth that actually drops 6 to 12 inches. 

Yeah, I just took a quick run through and that about sums it up. Still have to watch it. A system like this can come back and we're still over 72 hours out however it look a blot better 24 hours ago.

To be honest I have felt this was probably a lost cause for the last few days but with seeing the 00Z GFS para and ensembles looking somewhat better @500 and the 06Z following suit it bolstered my hopes. But the 12Z suite of runs has pretty much driven a stake through those slim hopes. Think those down on the coast in VA and NC still have a decent shot but then they will probably be dealing with some serious temp issues. So probably cold rain for them. 

The 00Z suite of runs inside of 10 days are pretty dismal and suggest some rough sledding if you like snow. The thur-fri event is all but buried at this point and it looks as if the odds strongly favor next week's tue-wed event is going to visit the lakes. About the only positive I could find is that there are some hints from the models and their ensembles that next weeks great lakes low will leave some energy behind. Now what it does, if energy is actually left behind, would be anyone's guess (The GEM op throws out a Miller B solution). 

Day 10 onwards the prospects, though not optimum, look more favorable with the GFS, GEM and Euro ensembles showing a trough in the east with ridging out west.

The 00Z suite of runs inside of 10 days are pretty dismal and suggest some rough sledding if you like snow. The thur-fri event is all but buried at this point and it looks as if the odds strongly favor next week's tue-wed event is going to visit the lakes. About the only positive I could find is that there are some hints from the models and their ensembles that next weeks great lakes low will leave some energy behind. Now what it does, if energy is actually left behind, would be anyone's guess (The GEM op throws out a Miller B solution).

Day 10 onwards the prospects, though not optimum, look more favorable with the GFS, GEM and Euro ensembles showing a trough in the east with ridging out west.

Looks like February thaw...think with the cutter we should expect some flooding with 1-2" of rain falling

Archived