Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan. 17/18 - Possible Flurries/Snow Showers

North Balti Zen

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's fun to watch a system like this.....and I am the one posting with zero chance of seeing anything.

It would be fun if we had already banked something. Given we have been shutout and half of met winter is over, its a bit meh tracking a system that we know has an upside of flurries.

It did move again, almost enough for us to have hope so we can be crushed. When do we start nowcasting? Don't think the models will shift the precipitation shield close enough so I assume that's the next step as why grasp for anything in this winter.

Ravens94 could probably make clear skies and 60 degrees sound exciting ;) 

Channeling dtk here but the NAM really isn't all that bad as long as you don't expect it to perform great at range. Yeah it's had some pretty miserable failures but so have the other models at times. It's decent in severe season if not just a tad overzealous. I'm sure many will disagree. 

I love the enthusiasm but the placement of that low isn't any better for us.  In fact, it actually looks like it moved slightly NE from the 0z run.  No precip gets into our area.  

Look at 30 and 36 its moving everything WNW. Its working on it just very strung out and all over the place. NAM has no clue what to do at 500mb 

http://www.txtornado.net/NAM/new_slp_nam_all_12.htm

Imo the RGEM is a better piece of guidance vs the Nam. 6z gets nothing nw of DC and a very light stripe SE. We'll see what 12z does. The range across all guidance is pretty consistent. Extremely light event in our area favoring the SE. I doubt that will change much. Especially north and west of 95

Don't get me wrong. I love your enthusiasm, but bulk of precip hasn't been moving north.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-16 at 9.45.55 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-16 at 9.46.11 AM.png

Its because the NAM  barely has a low. Weaker storm would go further out like the NAM but the NAM is literally the only model with a storm that strung out and weak until it fixes itself its a joke.

4K is further NW then the low res But still a mess 

post-12800-0-95501800-1452956414_thumb.p

I think it's fun to watch a system like this.....and I am the one posting with zero chance of seeing anything.

This is kinda fun. I mean, I don't really have high hopes but heck it is something in the short range that actually exists and could produce. Let's see if 12z ticks better.

Even though this has a slim to none chance, it's certainly more enjoyable than watching our forum meltdown during the times when we lose a storm in the model runs leading up to a potential event.

Archived