• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

the s/w behind this looks pretty good..turning neutral...this should produce something

gfs_z500_vort_us_20.png

Like bob said might have a hard time goin neg in time. I'm in a stupid meeting and relying on y'all to figure out what's going on. Lol. But if we can't score with that, what can we score with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like bob said might have a hard time goin neg in time. I'm in a stupid meeting and relying on y'all to figure out what's going on. Lol. But if we can't score with that, what can we score with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It produces another SLP, but its too far east for anyone

I like our chances with cold air in place and the storm s/e. Gfs seems to keep these offshore and track them farther west a day or two before the event. We've had a few hits happen just like that in the past. Much more favorable then trying to time a miller b transfer. We almost never get those right.

The differences in the trough axis on each run are stark. 12z is clearly more negative than 06z/00z.

saw that. One of those times when you just have to look at 500 on the next models to see where we are at. 850s look fine. Another 150 miles more west and sharper and money. Famous last words

GEFS fairly tightly clustered  with the low a bit too far east off of NC. SE folks are probably getting a little excited though.

I am more interested in the fact that it seems to be shifting closer to coast and with few days left who knows. Anything preventing it from shifting more NW?

I am more interested in the fact that it seems to be shifting closer to coast and with few days left who knows. Anything preventing it from shifting more NW?

i'm more interested in the fact that the pattern is less sucky for snow.  that's really what i'm taking out of this the most.  we may just have to baby step our way to a storm this year.  if it's not this weekend, maybe something thereafter.

lulz 12z UKIE -- note precip maps only go out to hr 72

hr 72 -- 997 in W IL (primary?) and a 999 (secondary or Miller A?) in TLH (W FL)

attachicon.gifhr7212zUKIE1-12-16LOL.gif

hr 96 -- 972 L just east of NYC/LI

attachicon.gifhr7212zUKIE1-12-16LOL2.gif

It's in line with the GFS with the placement of critical thickness at 72 hours, still way to our NW.

Thats not an awful spot to be this far out

Unfortunately the Euro isn't even remotely close to amplifying and turning the corner. If anything it's worse than last night. 

ETA: but it does drop the ns ull and energy far enough south to dust us sunday night. Even weak surface reflection just off the DE coast. 

Looking further down the line. The D10 thing has strong support for a cutter or runner or something similar to this weekend.  

Until/unless the pac jet relaxes thats probably what any storm that isn't following closely behind something else is going to do.  That's why early next week is the right setup of how we could produce in this pattern.  Anytime a storm is more then a few days behind a front or bombing system to our northeast it will probably cut because the baroclinic zone is going to get pulled north by that raging jet off the pacific.   Further down the line if we could get another blocking period to set up in Feb when the jet naturally starts to relax some and wavelengths are shorter we could do better. 

Unfortunately the Euro isn't even remotely close to amplifying and turning the corner. If anything it's worse than last night. 

ETA: but it does drop the ns ull and energy far enough south to dust us sunday night. Even weak surface reflection just off the DE coast. 

in the morning discussion, lwx mentioned sunday as something to keep an eye on.  maybe that could be the first real snow tv (if tonight doesn't pan out).

Archived