• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

The 0z Parallel Euro is a near hit on Saturday.  It is a goofy transfer and the secondary runs inland, but it isn't that far off from something. It gives some snow to Hagerstown, MRB, and other areas further inland and north before clocking interior new england...

The PARA EPS, put the secondary a little further east though generally supports the OP

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro seems to be splitting three storm systems between the Ohio Valley and just off the Atlantic coast. One might track just to the southeast of D.C with borderline temps before they rise as the flow passes by. None of the systems really take over as a primary.

GEFS now has a surface reflection east

The mean snowfall for that period is below 1/2" so without even looking at the members obviously they don't support a storm. A mean can be misleading. 12z was another bad run for the 17th threat. We're kinda losing the signal for anytging significant there. also not much support for the day 10 on the gefs. Better then they looked yesterday in the long range though. Day 15 is the best look on the run.

The Euro is trying give something at 192 hours.

Yep typical Nino, warm ULL steals 99.99% of the moisture. Enjoy your 20f and flurries with the cold  ULL  followed by an offshore bomb that looks close to the untrained eye but nowhere close to the trained one.

The 0z Parallel Euro is a near hit on Saturday.  It is a goofy transfer and the secondary runs inland, but it isn't that far off from something. It gives some snow to Hagerstown, MRB, and other areas further inland and north before clocking interior new england...

The PARA EPS, put the secondary a little further east though generally supports the OP

i think even a snow for them would be an encouraging trend.  letting the climo favored areas get snow first might be what we need to have happen before we can start scoring here in the tropics.

i think even a snow for them would be an encouraging trend.  letting the climo favored areas get snow first might be what we need to have happen before we can start scoring here in the tropics.

Miller B with no high, optimism is at 5% right now. Models may show snow one run, before making it a Caskills to ORH north event.

Eps upped the ante again. Mean snow up to 4.5" at DCA. At least 20 members showing 5"

Digging into the members only 8/52 show anything really for the day 6-8 threat. 2 big hits in there. For the day 10-15 period 19/52 show at least a few inches across our area with 9 big hits of 10"+ somewhere in our area. Oddly only 1/8 that have snow day 6-8 have any day 10-15. That seems like something that gives us snow early actually messes up the later window. So only one double hit but overall 26/52 at least show a decent hit. Several more have at least 1-3" across the area between the two periods but I didn't feel like going that deep. So about a 50% chance of something decent. That's way above climo if not what some would want.

12z Euro Para looks better than the OP for next weekend. While the OP took the secondary north to near Buffalo, the Para tracks it to TN and WV before the coastal takes over. 999 east of OBX.

Most years, that's a snowstorm for us with a chanhe overcif cold air is missimg. Still, decent snow first. Good news in any event.

GFS has officially just changed the WHOLE entire setup once again.The northern stream was kicking SE this run. it has moved over 600 miles in 3 runs. there should be a high near the lakes that is not there yet to keep that storm from coming north. confluence should also increase as the PV continues its move closer. I don't see it cutting like that. gonna take time but there's tons of time for a move east

post-12800-0-71416700-1452464568_thumb.g

post-12800-0-21048800-1452464569_thumb.g

post-12800-0-68016400-1452464569_thumb.g

It's about 7" for bwi. 6" Dca. Around 8-10 areas northwest of Baltimore. Can't imagine we would complain much about that.

Nope. Not me. Interestingly, I just checked the ensemble mean and look what day 6 shows...pretty dang close to the Para Euro.

EDIT for some damn reason, the link for day 6 I am copying keeps coming up as day 10 so you have to go back to day 6

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf-ens&region=eus&pkg=mslpa&runtime=2016011012&fh=240&xpos=0&ypos=0

Nope. Not me. Interestingly, I just checked the ensemble mean and look what day 6 shows...pretty dang close to the Para Euro.

EDIT for some damn reason, the link for day 6 I am copying keeps coming up as day 10 so you have to go back to day 6

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf-ens&region=eus&pkg=mslpa&runtime=2016011012&fh=240&xpos=0&ypos=0

Here you go

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf-ens&region=eus&pkg=mslpa&runtime=2016011012&fh=144&xpos=0&ypos=0

Archived