joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 9-10th snow threat. Disco/OBS

dmc76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing better than radar would indicate here.  Pouring small flakes.  A fairly dry snow.  Temp down to 23, and snow sticking to everything as you'd imagine.  Probably 1/3rd inch or so.  At least it wasn't a complete shutout.

EDIT:  By sticking to everything I actually meant pavement as well as the grass.  Not really sticking to trees, etc.

Geos location reminds me a lot of the higher elevation of Oakland County. If I ever had to move to the Chicago area I would be neighbors with Geos.

Plus, you'd get to use the Geos snow measuring system as well. Not sold in stores.

post-68-0-95460700-1452378389_thumb.jpg

Just kidding, Geos. :D

Here again to seek guidance. Is this storm on par for the same snowfall potential in NE MI as the Dec 29th Storm? We received on average 11 inches in Rogers City from that beast. APX only forecasted 7 inches that storm. They are saying 8 for this by Sunday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha exactly! Things were looking decent here, but trends look awful. Clunker winter continues. 1.8" on the season.

Well, we here did pretty good with the November snowstorm...and then of course the sleet/freezing rain-palooza storm. So 2 out of 3 ain't bad...in a rather blah winter thus far. Hopefully those that have essentially missed everything can score some goods soon. :)

We can drink vodka and talk about snow. It will be fun. :)

:drunk:

Are there any nice homes for sale up there in Waukegan Geos?  I think it's time to relocate lol.

Yeah definitely. Probably more so on the outskirts of Waukegan though.

I couldn't have even predicted this weenie band up here.

Archived