• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this .. def think theres the potential for a quick 1/2" - 1" locally with any squalls. Not often you get a remnant LE streamer to cross through the area like that. decent s/w picking up some lakes moisture, steep low lvl lapse rates, and a little instability should be enough for a couple squalls.

Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 1.29.16 PM.png[/url

BTV WRF seems to indicate this potential with the snow squall parameter fwiw.

[url=http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=168584]Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 1.34.20 PM.png

Yeah it's a pretty potent look. The kind of thing Ginx usually is all over. Gonna take road crews by surprise on a holiday

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS long range was a pants tent for the mid-Atlantic... there's like 3 different long range events down there that then exit stage right without coming up the coast. 

Would be fascinating to jump right into a mid-Atlantic snowstorm pattern after the last month, lol.  Its like the GFS engineered any way possible to avoid snowing in New England the next 16 days.

attachicon.gifUSA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_384.gif

The screwing of western NE continues.  

12z EURO is DEC 1996, Round II

Wake me up when we're within 5 days. :)

32.8/25

Couple of flakes ripping around 34.2

LOL.

We've been getting waves of flurreis all day.  A couple of them have been heavy enough to reduce visibility (one of those taking place now).

32.0/26

Edit:  actually, it's coming down pretty good at this point.  The snow grains that we were getting throughout the day have transitioned to dendrites.

oh good, maybe we get to drive through it on our way back from Salem.

Radar suggests that won't be likely---it's heading a bit south of east so will clear Rt. 2.  I'm hoping the second batch passing through Cobleskill will stay far enough north to give us a second burst, but I think we're too far north.

29.2/18

Archived