Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must get it faster.

I don't see how it does through the block.

Don't see a cutter? I don't see one either. Like you said, I think it's going to hit a wall and then either go eastward or redevelop.

It's not far from a sne hit with decent confluence and a triple point siding under sne. Plenty of time.

Agree. It finally transfers to the coast at 198. Maine is getting a good hit at this hour.

Don't see a cutter? I don't see one either. Like you said, I think it's going to hit a wall and then either go eastward or redevelop.

Agree. It finally transfers to the coast at 198. Maine is getting a good hit at this hour.

The Euro has become obsessed with cutters beyond 120-144 since the upgrade in 2009 or 10, even in unfavorable patterns for them with raging -NAOs.  That said this is not that unfavorable a cutter pattern, I can certainly see it, though not to the extent of the system just a few days ago.  The problem is the high does not look as good this time so I don't think many places would do better.  I would not worry too much unless the Euro locks onto this until inside 110-120, it really seems to love cutting things the last several years now in the long range.

I think that the second storm if it really deepens that rapidly is going to have a tough time changing over to rain in coastal NE as it depicts at hour 240.  I think it will be sleet or snow, and with that setup could be at a rate of 2"+ per hour.  In that frame, you can clearly see that the system taps into the STJ and begins to deepen rapidly.  I would expect the event to begin as wet snow, change to sleet, and then transition back to snow with high ratios as the low passes off to the east of the cape. 

I think that the second storm if it really deepens that rapidly is going to have a tough time changing over to rain in coastal NE as it depicts at hour 240.  I think it will be sleet or snow, and with that setup could be at a rate of 2"+ per hour.  In that frame, you can clearly see that the system taps into the STJ and begins to deepen rapidly.  I would expect the event to begin as wet snow, change to sleet, and then transition back to snow with high ratios as the low passes off to the east of the cape. 

The second storm is way out there and should be more favorable than the 1st storm.

Archived