joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a little warm for eastern NE to start.... But come on.

That is still a huge hit even after a warm start. I'd also bet if it played out like that it would verify colder.

220 hours out

Verbatim, the Boston area south would pick up a few inches at the end.  But as you said, it's still out 8-9 days.

Certainly gives us one of the possible scenarios for the Saturday-Monday window. Ensembles have been showing several possible outcomes. Tons of timing differences with all the different ensemble members still remain. 

Obviously the 00z GFS is the weeniest solution but the pattern definitely is ripe for something.

Certainly gives us one of the possible scenarios for the Saturday-Monday window. Ensembles have been showing several possible outcomes. Tons of timing differences with all the different ensemble members still remain.

Obviously the 00z GFS is the weeniest solution but the pattern definitely is ripe for something.

just for fun thats a CT river special, Congrats Codfisherman

Yeah that's epic for MBY too lol.

We'll see - pattern looks good. Let's hope we can get something to break in our direction. From a personal standpoint I can probably lock in the evolution of wave 1 on the GFS since I'll be up in N VT skiing - smoking cirrus the whole time. :(

Nice. We've got a couple inches of solid ice. We tickled 32* here and then settled back to 30-31*. I don't think it's going away before the next event. If it doesn't, my driveway will be toast for the season.

29.9/20

Yeah I followed your lead and didn't snow blow the last storm!

Unfortunately my 2WD friends are struggling to make it up.

I think with the couple warm days this week we'll be ok.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My "report" said the 00Z CMC showed a cutter, with no evidence of a coastal.  How does that hold little reason?  I wasn't saying whether either of them is right.

True, but usually, you're original dead-panned anti-thetic timing is a troll attempt.  i could go out and find a model that 86'ed the 1978 event too ;)     why do that?   duh.  we know it might not happen.  if not, cool -

Be glad to.  I'm just responding to those focused on the second system.

Op runs have been changing alot and will continue to change until they get a grasp of this pattern. The ensembles have been showing a coastal for a few runs now. 0z GGEM ensembles do have a coastal and it's cold. GEFS also has a coastal. EPS did also have a coastal. Look at the ensembles 5+ days out. Op runs will struggle.

Archived