joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIven my map-reading skills, that would probably be a waste of money!   :)

Also, counting my pennies in case we want to put the Pit on the market.  We're eyeing Pit #4--you've inspired me.

Do it! Of course my mantra is to buy a place needing little work as my tolerance for that level of chaos is low. So we waited years to find a place that fit. Timing was good...

Classic swfe coming in d6-8 on eps.

EPS has a great signal day 7-8. Seems like maybe some mixed signals on which low takes over, either earlier or later, but not bad. This will take an eternity to figure out.

Not sure if should matter ... but I seem recall the Euro was taking the last event up through the Lakes in similar time range - that can be proven; I think PSU E-wall ?     ...so could be wrong, but that's the way I'm remembering, and that the idea of the blocking lower tropospheric polar high came into the fray sort of mid-game.. 

Not sure if should matter ... but I seem recall the Euro was taking the last event up through the Lakes in similar time range - that can be proven; I think PSU E-wall ? ...so could be wrong, but that's the way I'm remembering, and that the idea of the blocking lower tropospheric polar high came into the fray sort of mid-game..

. Euro gets trough happy sometimes past day 7. I take it with a grain of salt....well as I would with any op run.

EPS really does winter all the way through and another strong storm sig around the 16th.

Ginxy Windexy look tomorrow with steep lapse rates ahead of the arctic front and moisture pooling on SW flow off the Great Lakes out ahead of the FROPA...that then gets slammed into the mountains when the whole shebang moves through.

Sunday...A chance of snow showers in the morning...then snow showers likely with possible snow squalls likely in the afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. Snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Southwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Sunday Night...Mostly cloudy with snow showers likely until midnight...then partly cloudy with a chance of snow showers after midnight. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Lows around 2 above. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Do it! Of course my mantra is to buy a place needing little work as my tolerance for that level of chaos is low. So we waited years to find a place that fit. Timing was good...

Classic swfe coming in d6-8 on eps.

This one won't require as much 'bones' work as the current Pit did.  But I'm guessing at least $30-$40k in windows and rewiring to start.

Hopefully that SWFE won''t be as warm in the mid-levels as last week.

EPS has a great signal day 7-8. Seems like maybe some mixed signals on which low takes over, either earlier or later, but not bad. This will take an eternity to figure out.

It won't be more than 7 or 8 days....:)

Ginxy Windexy look tomorrow with steep lapse rates ahead of the arctic front and moisture pooling on SW flow off the Great Lakes out ahead of the FROPA...that then gets slammed into the mountains when the whole shebang moves through.

Sunday...A chance of snow showers in the morning...then snow showers likely with possible snow squalls likely in the afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. Snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Southwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Sunday Night...Mostly cloudy with snow showers likely until midnight...then partly cloudy with a chance of snow showers after midnight. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Lows around 2 above. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Congrats--that's what your mountains are for.

29.9/20

IDK -8 at 850? 534 heights? Thats winter in my hood, PNA still looks good, disagree about roaring back too.

IDK -8 at 850? 534 heights? Thats winter in my hood, PNA still looks good, disagree about roaring back too.

Mid 20s to start the day in 1/17 is above normal but who's counting. Definitely some concerns at the end f the ensembles. Didn't scream pattern flip but definitely moderating temperatures. Maybe a reload later or maybe a torch. Who knows?

Mid 20s to start the day in 1/17 is above normal but who's counting. Definitely some concerns at the end f the ensembles. Didn't scream pattern flip but definitely moderating temperatures. Maybe a reload later or maybe a torch. Who knows?

looks like a stormy period. Heights are BN in the entire east, surface pressures are low, STJ is active. You might be looking at a reflection of increased storminess. It's not deep arctic cold but its cold enough, of course its day 15 and the 5 days previous 850 average is way below normal.

It's a solid rock base up here right now.  6" of snow and probably 1" ice sleet on top.  Topped out around freezing today so its here to stay.

Nice.  We've got a couple inches of solid ice.  We tickled 32* here and then settled back to 30-31*.  I don't think it's going away before the next event.  If it doesn't,  my driveway will be toast for the season.

29.9/20

Archived