joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sign me up for that look.

f324.gif

Looks like the block is east-based enough to be good for all of us.  Am I interpreting that correctly?  And the PNA ridge is sharp for good digging and the apex of the ridge is just inside the west coast, but not too far east.  And the trough is negatively tilted which would slow down the storm and pull it back to the coast.

That pattern isn't a typically bad one for NNE. The NAO is in a good spot. Obviously there's a chance of a suppressed individual storm but in the means that should be ok.

Yeah, I feel much better about the chances with the strong Nino, even if Nino climo is further south in February. The season just doesn't have a suppressed vibe either, as un-scientific as that is haha.

When are you leaving and coming back? Where are you going? Bryce too or parental adult r&r&s.

Tomorrow then back on the 6th. Impromptu trip to St Thomas. Just us which is nice. Seems like we may have some activity to follow by next week hooefully. Models won't handle all that STJ under the Western Canadian ridge.

Tomorrow then back on the 6th. Impromptu trip to St Thomas. Just us which is nice. Seems like we may have some activity to follow by next week hooefully. Models won't handle all that STJ under the Western Canadian ridge.

Funny. I leave for telluride the day you get back. Lol.

Count on a monster the 9th and 10th.

Though in all seriousness, the pattern after the 10th may be more ideal. But we will definitely have to watch before that. Cold air won't be as deep in the 9-10 threat but should be enough if Synoptics cooperate.

Though in all seriousness, the pattern after the 10th may be more ideal. But we will definitely have to watch before that. Cold air won't be as deep in the 9-10 threat but should be enough if Synoptics cooperate.

I'd prefer Telluride. :lol:   I'd like to get my ski legs back over the next couple of years. Once my son gets older, we'll see if he participates in winter fun. 

Going with your Dad? Looks like you'll get some powder hopefully 8-9 or so.

I'd prefer Telluride. :lol: I'd like to get my ski legs back over the next couple of years. Once my son gets older, we'll see if he participates in winter fun.

Going with your Dad? Looks like you'll get some powder hopefully 8-9 or so.

Yeah I may have timed it perfectly with that good trough in the split flow pattern to get 1 or 2 pow days.

Same system that may eventually give a threat for the 9-10th up here. Might e a good example of one of those patterns I described that does well both in parts out west and up here...at least before the ridge becomes a bit more coherent after the 11 or 12th for a time.

My ex is a native of st Thomas. I'm banned from going...lol. Have fun! Magen's bay is spectacular.

I'm super excited for a bomb to transverse the Gulf Stream with arctic air and just explode, I think we will get that between the 7th and 16th of January.  Average snowfall reached in one storm, check.  Plus we have an additional 6"+ on Monday through Tuesday of this upcoming week.  Pattern looks like a go.

I'm super excited for a bomb to transverse the Gulf Stream with arctic air and just explode, I think we will get that between the 7th and 16th of January. Average snowfall reached in one storm, check. Plus we have an additional 6"+ on Monday through Tuesday of this upcoming week. Pattern looks like a go.

:weenie:

Archived