joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean January? I think it's kind of early to be talking about February. If anything, it looks like Feb cold should be relatively locked down.

The talk is since it came in early..it breaks a bit early then a 2nd reload after a break. Not saying that idea is right since no-one caught the 3 week early change.but it's just the talk

The talk is since it came in early..it breaks a bit early then a 2nd reload after a break. Not saying that idea is right since no-one caught the 3 week early change.but it's just the talk

It is coming. Your endless torch is over. Be in the moment. Talking about a pattern change in early February? Who the he'll knows...

I'm no longer searching for a seed in a desert, I'm looking forward towards the middle of the month now when the NAO goes neutral and the +PNA rebalances and the -AO reloads a second time..  This reload happens as the PV swings through the province of Labrador, Canada and ridging floats atop the arctic circle over northern Greenland and balances the PV over Hudson Bay, Canada.  This again shifts the storm track westward towards the Atlantic Seaboard.  However the only caveat is that the arctic disturbance supplying the cold air for the storm system is in northern US great Lakes region and is attached to the PV circulation which means it can only go so far east, until it phases with the STJ disturbance in the southeastern US, this disturbance brings a ton of rain to the East Coast, however phases with the arctic jet and heads into the Maritimes at 950mb as a bomb.  Also another storm follows this one and is cold enough to snow, but is too far east and intensifies so fast as it bends the flow near the island of New Foundland, Canada.  This is a storm we need to watch, although it is in the fantasy long range of the GFS, we still need to watch these storms unfold on the models as we get closer as the potential wow factor will increase center fold.  The closer we get to this pattern the more exciting we will all be, this is looking promising for the SNE coastline and Mid Atlantic states after the 7th of January.

Looking at the GFS and EURO 168-240 hour progs at h5, I wonder if we can get a nor'easter instead of the warmth the models show right now, why?  We have neutral NAO, -AO and +PNA pattern with a full blown EL Nino depiction in the southwestern US where troughing is placed underneath a +PNA ridge.  The pattern should remain favorable for snow, unlike what the models show, a rainstorm which brings back the cold air, I think this rainstorm currently depicted by the models to be a snowstorm instead.  -NAO/neutral NAO ridging over Greenland will get stronger and force the PV southwestward instead, allowing one of these disturbances in the PV circulation to phase with a STJ disturbance for our monster nor'easter.  That is just what the pattern is showing, I will show you in the next post with a picture of what I see.  or actually I will add it to this post.  This image below shows the pattern I see days 7-10.

test8.gif

With such a fast transition in ano so on a do we not see a storm?

There really isn't a big Archambault signal...NAO stays positive mostly until really late in the period and the PNA rises early on but then stays there.

We shift colder in the means with perhaps a relaxation for a day or two around 1/5-1/7...but storminess may be more likely after the first week of the month.

Archived