12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 2015 nowcast and short term obs/discussion

Ian

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tonight will be better I think for rad cooling...I was cloudy most of night which broke up the temp drop party early but I managed to get down to 29.7.  Then we get our torchy turkey day.  between the hot air outside, a hot oven, and the hot air blowing from my in-laws might break out the cargo shorts to hold my flask of Jack. 

Really looking forward to frying a bird in 60-degree weather.  And it'll be the perfect temp to open up the windows to keep the house from getting too stuffy while the rest of the food is in the oven/on the stove.

60 and mostly sunny...just about as perfect a Thanksgiving forecast as you could get.

Really looking forward to frying a bird in 60-degree weather.  And it'll be the perfect temp to open up the windows to keep the house from getting too stuffy while the rest of the food is in the oven/on the stove.

60 and mostly sunny...just about as perfect a Thanksgiving forecast as you could get.

I agree. Friday and Saturday look nice too for putting up the lights. I like it mild when decorating outside. I want it warm until Dec.

You and I are gonna get picked on for thinking this way though.  :lol:

THROUGH 300 PM...SKIES WILL REMAIN PARTLY CLOUDY WEST AND MOSTLY SUNNY EAST...WITH TEMPERATURES NEARING 50 DEGREES F. VARIABLE WINDS WILL ALIGN A LITTLE MORE WESTERLY AND REMAIN FAIRLY LIGHT. NO GOOD GUST POTENTIAL AND THE WEATHER IN GENERAL WILL BE UNREMARKABLE AND BORING. 

being in the valley here really helps sink the cold air on nights like last night.

My street runs along a stream valley and when conditions are right it always amazes me how little of an elevation difference can impact temps. I hit 26 and 27 respectively the last 2 nights. In the evening when I walk the dog I can feel the temp drop as I'm walking down my street. It's really noticeable in the spring/fall at sunset when it's warm at the top of the hill and chilly at bottom. This stuff is only interesting to us weather nerds of course. Lol.

being in the valley here really helps sink the cold air on nights like last night.

Most certainly. I'm just a couple miles from the Dulles ASOS, but 80 feet higher, so during clear skies I typically run 1-2 cooler than IAD for highs and 1-2 warmer for lows.

When I lived in State College, some nights the temp would fluctuate 10-15 degrees on my car driving just a couple dozen feet up or down with fresh snow on the ground. In Elko we had winter days when it would get into the 30s about 700 feet above the ASOS, but the ASOS would get stuck in the teens.

Cool morning, but with the bright sunshine it's absolutely gorgeous. So happy it's not raining/too cold/drizzly and dank. Great day to celebrate the holiday with family!

Torturous day to celebrate the holiday with the family. Wish it was rainy, drizzly, dank and cold. Everyone is complaining it's too hot and the windows are open. Good for Easter...torture for thanksgiving.

LOL

Same here--complete with old people who always complain, crazy uncles, cousins who meh everything but still manage to make every family gathering, couples that fight whenever they are in the same room, and a unifying hatred for our neighbors.

LOL. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Too warm for me. Temp 64. Windows are open letting the turkey smell out :(

Archived