amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2015 nowcast and short term obs/discussion

Ian

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That precip staying to our south after some model runs, including the Euro, giving us some decent qpf is generating 72/73 style panic attacks.

Good thing many of us weren't alive then. ;)

And that's a good thing for DCA/BWI weenies. Enduring a repeat of that year in this forum would make the AP and Climate Change forums look like Woodstock.

I wouldn't mind if we had today all winter. I'm oddly fascinated by te snowless winter idea. Doubtful but it would be entertaining.

I see you like pain. The sequel to The Panic Room would be epic. I don't even want to imagine..

I mainly don't like cold ... More and more each winter. I guess I'm getting old. Plus I grew up in places that had basically no winter so it's not a foreign idea perhaps. Not to mention any extreme is cool.

60s and 70s would be perfect.. Enjoy the week :P

Road map for this winter clearly laid out, all systems suppressed and we stay warm and dry. Looking forward to 2016/17.

Am I doing the doom-saying right?

Storms will create their own cold air.  We'll wetbulb down from 60F to 32F and it'll be game on.  Just wait. 

Strange.  Did not expect this morning's chill.  Crystal clear skies overnight was enough, I guess.  Walked out to find heavy dew all over that was frozen solid all over the cars.  My driveway was even slick.  Didn't require scraping the cars so much as chipping with an ice-pick.  OKV looks like 36F, but must've been colder in my neighborhood.

Strange.  Did not expect this morning's chill.  Crystal clear skies overnight was enough, I guess.  Walked out to find heavy dew all over that was frozen solid all over the cars.  My driveway was even slick.  Didn't require scraping the cars so much as chipping with an ice-pick.  OKV looks like 36F, but must've been colder in my neighborhood.

My low was 47.7.  Different world.

Archived