• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Martin Cornick has passed away

stormtracker

No funeral and private burial per FB. Don't want to jump to conclusions but bleh. He was a good guy.

Bday was like a week ago too. :(

he had been absent from social media for a week, which was unusual for him...he was tweeting from the Weather Conference in Norman OK on the 19th, and he retweeted a photo of Hurricane Patricia taken from ISS on the 23rd...and that was it, nothing after that...

god, he's way too young to be gone...

he had been absent from social media for a week, which was unusual for him...he was tweeting from the Weather Conference in Norman OK on the 19th, and he retweeted a photo of Hurricane Patricia taken from ISS on the 23rd...and that was it, nothing after that...

god, he's way too young to be gone...

I did notice my Twitter feed didn't have any stuff from him in it. Honestly it's still really tough to wrap heads around. What a friendly guy - big time loss all around. I hope he was not in pain. 

I did notice my Twitter feed didn't have any stuff from him in it. Honestly it's still really tough to wrap heads around. What a friendly guy - big time loss all around. I hope he was not in pain. 

He didn't respond to anyone who wished him a Happy Birthday on the 22nd...when I met him at the conference in Baltimore he was 21, i thought he was lying about his age because he acted way more mature than young guy in college...so my running joke with him was i always called him "old man" and whenever i wished him a happy birthday, I would always say "Happy Birthday old man!" He was so nervous to show up at that Conference because he had just bought Eastern Wx from Marcus, he wasn't sure how we would all react to him...

good dude, loved the weather...

His father died in 2008, sad events like this eventually piece together over time and are not senseless, albeit unfortunate yet teach us an important lesson. We can only move forward with a greater peace of mind and human touch. I did not know him personally, this is just my two cents on the value of living a human existence.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pilotonline/obituary.aspx?n=martin-luther-cornick&pid=116240962

People may put on a brave face but inside they are hurting. Always remember to love and leave nothing up to chance. I don't know the details of his death but I'm assuming it was self-inflicted considering his young age.

His father died in 2008, sad events like this eventually piece together over time and are not senseless, albeit unfortunate yet teach us an important lesson. We can only move forward with a greater peace of mind and human touch. I did not know him personally, this is just my two cents on the value of living a human existence.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pilotonline/obituary.aspx?n=martin-luther-cornick&pid=116240962

People may put on a brave face but inside they are hurting. Always remember to love and leave nothing up to chance. I don't know the details of his death but I'm assuming it was self-inflicted considering his young age.

This is not the time or the place to make such speculations. Let's stick to condolences.

He was very young. There are a few things that could have happened I suppose. It does seem those that know aren't saying why. I guess it just happened today so more news will surface one way or another. I don't really disagree with what you wrote though I do hate to speculate myself. I didn't really know him all that well though we have conversed a good bit and I did meet him at conferences. It definitely bothered me to hear. It is especially sad when people feel like they have nothing and there is a whole contingent of people who feel otherwise about them.

This is not the time or the place to make such speculations. Let's stick to condolences.

Like everyone else, I'm more than a little frustrated when things like this happen and want people to know how to prevent this stuff. It seems like the best of us fade away too early and the weak persist without strong direction, at least in society as it currently exists.

OMG!  I just saw this on Twitter.  

I was at the NWA meeting in Oklahoma City and saw Martin out there.  He was his jovial self, as far as I saw.  Dear God, I can't believe this.  He was SO happy, working full time as a weather producer at the TV station.  He was going to help at next year's NWA meeting in Norfolk!  

Does anyone know what happened?   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

--Turtle 

Martin was a a long time member and worked for WNEC TV down in SE VA.  Still getting info on this, so bear with us.

Watch his FB page for more info:  https://www.facebook.com/MartinMC

He was a weather producer at WVEC TV 13 in Virginia Beach.   FYI.

I'm not on FB so can't follow. I'm sure you will share any info here if possible.  Thanks for letting us know. 

--Turtle 

This is shocking. Like others, I had the pleasure to meet him at one of the conferences(maybe more than one?) and really enjoyed talking to him. He seemed destined for big things and was very happy for him when he got the TV gig.

He is gone from us far to soon as he was someone who would have helped the weather community a ton

RIP, Martin

Archived