• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Martin Cornick has passed away

stormtracker

He was very young. There are a few things that could have happened I suppose. It does seem those that know aren't saying why. I guess it just happened today so more news will surface one way or another. I don't really disagree with what you wrote though I do hate to speculate myself. I didn't really know him all that well though we have conversed a good bit and I did meet him at conferences. It definitely bothered me to hear. It is especially sad when people feel like they have nothing and there is a whole contingent of people who feel otherwise about them.

THIS 100%

obviously, i can't claim to be best friends, and the majority of my interaction with him happened via some form of social media...only had the pleasure of meeting him face to face once. But I believe he was a good person, genuine, loved the weather and tech gadgets...i never talked cars with him, but he had a passion for that as well...

It's so frustrating when there is no way to let the person know how big of an impact they really have on people...I'm am happy I met Martin, and I was happy that I was able to chat with him about weather things and such...I will miss him...I wish things could have been different

This still breaks my heart.  Martin had SO much to give our community, and life in general.  I'm still so sad.

He loved cats, as my hubby and I do.  One was named Stormy.  Made me smile when I read that, though with tears in my eyes. 

I still can't believe I only saw him only a couple of weeks ago at the NWA meeting in OKC.  

Rest in peace, my friend.   :cry:

--Turtle 

Hello folks!

I've been in touch with Henry Rothenberg, Chief Meteorologist at WACH-TV in Columbia, SC.  We met at the NWA meeting held just a few weeks ago in Oklahoma City.  Henry also met Martin at the meeting.  I saw him there as well, and he seemed to be his normal self.  Little did we know...

Anyway, Henry wanted to honor Martin's memory in some way.  He came up with a GREAT idea to honor Martin and to help future students in meteorology in the process.  Henry thought it would be a great idea for NWA members to make a donation of $24 (Martin's age) to the NWA General Scholarship Fund in memory of Martin.  He has already cleared it with the NWA Executive Director, and has posted this information on the NWA Broadcasters FB page.  I'm sure it will be popping up on other places throughout the NWA website as well.

If anyone here is an NWA member and would like to make a $24 donation to the General Scholarship Fund in memory of Martin, please do so through the Member Portal of the NWA website (www.nwas.org).  As for non-NWA members, not sure how to handle this one.  Possibly sending checks to NWA headquarters in Norman, OK.  I'll have to check on this one.

Thought you would like to know that there are folks in the weather community that want to remember Martin in this way.

--Turtle  

Archived