joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Which November will show up? November 2015 obs/discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get used to that set up as we get deeper into winter. -EPO /+PNA will force your storm track to the east and not west of the apps.

Too early for anything that comes along now for the coast , but then again heading was 'this is banter "

I would think if it was late December or early January onward the city and the coast would have a higher chance of seeing a snowstorm with this.

This is a no brainier, first days of December, +NAO, +AO, no 50/50 low to create confluence, no blocking/banana arctic high in eastern Canada to funnel cold air/CAD down the coast. Just a +PNA and -EPO isn't enough for an I-95 snowstorm that early in the year

Yes, because weather in the Northeast is so predictable. All you need is a few teleconnection forecasts and it's a no brainer.

This is a no brainier, first days of December, +NAO, +AO, no 50/50 low to create confluence, no blocking/banana arctic high in eastern Canada to funnel cold air/CAD down the coast. Just a +PNA and -EPO isn't enough for an I-95 snowstorm that early in the year

I'm just happy the pattern is getting active. El Niño is really ramping up , should be an active pattern going forward.

Freeze warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 7 am EST

Tuesday...

The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a freeze

warning... which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 7 am EST

Tuesday. The freeze watch is no longer in effect.

* Locations... all of New York City except Staten Island.

* Hazards... freezing temperatures.

* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.

* Timing... late this evening into Tuesday morning.

* Impacts... sensitive vegetation and outdoor plants will be

damaged or killed due to temperatures at or below freezing.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A freeze warning means below freezing temperatures are imminent

or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other

sensitive vegetation.

Freeze warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 7 am EST

Tuesday...

The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a freeze

warning... which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 7 am EST

Tuesday. The freeze watch is no longer in effect.

* Locations... all of New York City except Staten Island.

* Hazards... freezing temperatures.

* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.

* Timing... late this evening into Tuesday morning.

* Impacts... sensitive vegetation and outdoor plants will be

damaged or killed due to temperatures at or below freezing.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A freeze warning means below freezing temperatures are imminent

or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other

sensitive vegetation.

It's about time. Just a little dot of Warnings on the NWS map.

Already down to 32° here.

Park should get a freeze tonight. Very low dewpoints and continuing wind will help their cause.

It's ironic that the freeze warning excludes Staten Island, as they radiate better than much of the City with the rural and suburban landscape there. I think many areas of Staten Island will easily get below freezing (despite not having a freeze warning) while LGA will probably stay above freezing (despite having a freeze warning). Western Queens and much of Downtown Brooklyn is typically warmer than Staten Island on clear nights.

nzucker, on 23 Nov 2015 - 7:29 PM, said:nzucker, on 23 Nov 2015 - 7:29 PM, said:

Park should get a freeze tonight. Very low dewpoints and continuing wind will help their cause.

It's ironic that the freeze warning excludes Staten Island, as they radiate better than much of the City with the rural and suburban landscape there. I think many areas of Staten Island will easily get below freezing (despite not having a freeze warning) while LGA will probably stay above freezing (despite having a freeze warning). Western Queens and much of Downtown Brooklyn is typically warmer than Staten Island on clear nights.

The freeze warning is only for places that haven't had a freeze yet...we had one here on Staten Island last month. Temps can be 10+ degrees lower here than in urban areas of the city.

Archived