joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Which November will show up? November 2015 obs/discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The freeze warning is only for places that haven't had a freeze yet...we had one here on Staten Island last month. Temps can be 10+ degrees lower here than in urban areas of the city.

I had forgotten you had a freeze in the October 17-19 outbreak. We had a low of 27F that cold morning in Dobbs Ferry. That was our first hard frost/freeze of the season, around normal. I'm expecting to get slightly colder tonight.

Staten Island usually has colder temperatures than Central Park on clear winter nights. What was your low last winter? Did you get below zero?

I had forgotten you had a freeze in the October 17-19 outbreak. We had a low of 27F that cold morning in Dobbs Ferry. That was our first hard frost/freeze of the season, around normal. I'm expecting to get slightly colder tonight.

Staten Island usually has colder temperatures than Central Park on clear winter nights. What was your low last winter? Did you get below zero?

They must have. The park got down to 2F one night last year.

nzucker, on 23 Nov 2015 - 8:15 PM, said:nzucker, on 23 Nov 2015 - 8:15 PM, said:

No dammit lol...got down to 0..wind stayed up on that coldest morning...amazingly cold February.

No dammit lol...got down to 0..wind stayed up on that coldest morning...amazingly cold February.

Yes, I believe Southern Westchester just barely sneaked below zero in the February 2015 outbreak. I think our coldest night recently was in early January 2014 when it was locally -5F.

I was up in Putnam County last winter the night Central Park hit 2F. It was -11F that night in Carmel with two feet of snowpack. Many people could not start their cars that morning. Incredible to be in double digit negatives only 40 miles from the City.

How cold did Staten Island get in early January 2014? Central Park got down to 4F one night in that outbreak. Any colder there?

nzucker, on 23 Nov 2015 - 8:41 PM, said:

Yes, I believe Southern Westchester just barely sneaked below zero in the February 2015 outbreak. I think our coldest night recently was in early January 2014 when it was locally -5F.

I was up in Putnam County last winter the night Central Park hit 2F. It was -11F that night in Carmel with two feet of snowpack. Many people could not start their cars that morning. Incredible to be in double digit negatives only 40 miles from the City.

How cold did Staten Island get in early January 2014? Central Park got down to 4F one night in that outbreak. Any colder there?

2 degrees here that month.

Amazing how the city hasn't even hit 32 yet up here in the great NW our growing season ended about 5-6 weeks ago. My drive home from uptown manhattan usually after 10pm displays such a dramatic contrast in temps. At times the temps can be as much as a 20 degree difference.

Currently 23/18 here..

Nighttime Manhattan and western Queens/Brooklyn are like a microclimate that is more comparable to central Georgia.

Archived