Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Which November will show up? November 2015 obs/discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooting for a record warm November from a meteorological perspective.

I doubt NYC maintains a +8 but given the warming, I could see it staying just above a +5 to set the record.

I give warmest at least 50% chance. There's so much warmth comming around and under the western trof. Once that warmth gets in to the ridge it's off the races and we get blasted with warmth. This continues in to December. It's going to take a full pattern shift for us to see cold and snow

I give warmest at least 50% chance. There's so much warmth comming around and under the western trof. Once that warmth gets in to the ridge it's off the races and we get blasted with warmth. This continues in to December. It's going to take a full pattern shift for us to see cold and snow

Around day 13 thru 15 on the euro ensembles , you can start seeing where the ridge is starting to sniff out its iinitial position on the WC before it gets forced further N for the winter. The EPO begins to go neg as the trough begins to develop underneath it.

Once the neg retrograde west and ultimately sw off the Alaska the ridge will get forced even further north and you will see the trough begin to develop in the SW by mid December .

These pattern don't flip on a dime they take a long time to take shape but it's mid November and in a month from now the pattern will look at lot different.

The Euro and GFS try and bring some of the El Nino STJ moisture north later next week.

We'll see if the potential for rain holds or it fades out the closer we get. Classic Monmouth

CO cutoff to the heavier rainfall so far with the strong El Nino STJ pattern this month.

nws_precip_conus2_mtd.png

Do we really have to bring up the heart break of feb 10? At least we got some snow in lb

Today will be the 1st below normal day for the month and even at that will be -2 at best

Since the beginning of the SON fall period NYC is running 61 above normal to 13 below normal days 9/1-11/13.

+10 or greater days are beating -10 or greater by 17 to 2 days.

Archived