joxey
Which November will show up? November 2015 obs/discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Gfs has .50+ of rain for the area tomorrow

Euro real dry for the area tomorrow around .10

The 18z  NAM shows a sharp cutoff right over NYC...1-2 inches south and east and .50 or less just N and W.

the 12z on the other hand had 1-2 inches region wide-huge shift S and E.    Looks like another Euro win in progress

namconus_apcpn_neus_18.png

I saw a very bright sun dog on the way to work. I remember growing up some real high cirrus getting me excited for a snow storm the next day

I remember that growing up also.

Was visting friends in Wantagh over the weekend and they showed me the water damage to their basement

from that deluge back in September. It reminded me of the extraordinary flood events since that 2001-2002

drought broke.

You didn't get one back when we had that cold spell a little while back? What exactly defines a Hard Freeze anyway?

I'm pretty sure temps have to be 28 of below for 2 to 3 hours depending on specific NWS office criteria. Some NWS offices utilize hard freeze warnings while others don't. I don't think Upton uses those.

I'm pretty sure temps have to be 28 of below for 2 to 3 hours depending on specific NWS office criteria. Some NWS offices utilize hard freeze warnings while others don't. I don't think Upton uses those.

Interesting. Yeah I've seen Hard Freeze Warnings and Watches before but never took note of the criteria. That would give me one Hard Freeze then.

Archived